I'm getting really garbage CPU performance now

Hmm. Shouldn't really be throttling then.

Wait
Do you have the boost option on still? (Variable clock rate while in the OS means its on)

Then yes, but I disabled it earlier. And I just turned off Turbo Boost in Overdrive, then all cores stayed at 4.8, yielding a score of 695cb.

With some AMD motherboards check to make sure none of your power saving features are on either. That will ALWAYS mess with CPU clock. Make sure cool 'n quiet is shut off, along with any EUP settings. They mess with Clocks too.

We're getting closer but that's still a bit short. The 8350's in the cinebench r15 thread at 4.8ghz shot about 760. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kaOVt3pANDxpe-Jpdpom-EODneLaJhDcecT5I8rG1wI/edit?pli=1#gid=0
That's the compilation of scores.

I disabled all of that crap one time, and all was good until. I had to reset the BIOS and it was all on again, but that was a couple months ago. This low performance started manifesting itself more recently. I did disable all of that stuff earlier and still got crappy score. But since then I reverted to "Optimized Defaults" so it's all on again.

Cool 'n Quiet will mess with AMD clocks horribly and software won't see the change usually. At least most monitoring software I've ever used never saw it.

What all should I disable?

Cool 'n Quiet definetly. I'm not familiar with alot of motherboards, so don't know if you have EUP or something. I know it's a Euro power saving thing.

I'm just throwing it out there because I'm going to bed, but I poked around in my UD3's bios and under advanced clock control or some shit there's a setting called HPC, or high power compute. I'd assume that would probably turn everything to 11, so I'd enable that (its disabled by default I checked) and see what you score. Just watch the temps on that run.

1 Like

Alright. And thanks for the help. G'night

1 Like

Headed for bed too, check those our, test it and I too will look in on this thread in the morning.

1 Like

I think that did it. 750cb.