I'm building...somthing?

Dual X99 board I bought ages ago was calling to me like the green goblin mask.
I have pulled together a bunch of random parts and will see what I can do with it all.

So far we have two E5 2695 V4 CPUs and a NVIDIA 16gb V100, I am digging through RAM options now.

Stay tuned for whatever this cursed build ends up being.

8 Likes

ur gonna need a tire jack for your GPU support :stuck_out_tongue:
where is the leaf blower to cool that thing?

2 Likes

Yeah, this thing is LARGE, the heatsink alone weighs a full 1kg :sweat_smile:

I whipped up a quick shroud and jammed a fan into it, we shall see how well it works considering the zero design effort put into it

5 Likes

Yes, I think that definitely counts as something, and it’s the biggest zero effort heatsink I’ve ever seen.

:yay:

5 Likes

If it actually works well I will put a bit more effort into it, but until then its gets to be the ugly low effort default cube lookin shroud :stuck_out_tongue:
Hopefully I will actually get it all running by tomorrow :eyes:

2 Likes

That is a beefy heat sink!

Should note, did a similar recent exercise.

My GPU is a bit less of a monster. :slight_smile:

Should note that with this older hardware, and insane prices on newer hardware, the bang for your dollar can be a lot better. I upgraded my old HP z820 to 16-cores (dual 8x) and 256GB memory (DDR3) … AND an AMD Instinct MI25 GPU, for about $500. (This is not counting my time, which was not small.)

Huston, we need a second fan up here!