IcyDock m.2 PCIe hotswap adapater giveaway

I’d use it for an older build with no m.2 slot.

I have an old HP - Z600 on the way finally going to get my home lab up and running

This would be awesome to swap m.2 drives in my server/workstation. With this i could quickly swap my “project1” drive and switch to my “project2” drive without having to move everything to my painfully slow HDD array.

Very cool

I currently have an M.2 drive on a PCIe riser (only one M.2 slot on MB), so if I have to have a card for it, it might as well do something else (hotswap) while it’s there.

Also, “Hi everyone!” Been meaning to make an account forever, but this finally pushed me over the edge.

You know what I would use it for Wendell? I would use it as a gift to give to you for Christmas. Thanks so much for what you did for my son many moons ago giving him a Q6600 upgrade. It was much appreciated. If I win please keep the adapter for yourself and do what you will with it. Btw long time no see till I saw the video today on Facebook.

Great way to add a m.2 to my older z97 board especially since I’ve already maxed out my sata ports and the msata on the board.

Hi! I’m new to Linux and just learning there is an option other than Win due to the LTT challenge. I think this bay would be a really nice addition to my PC and help me to try a Linux install that can easily be swapped out. This is my first post here and I’m looking forward to a new adventure! Thanks for the look at these adapters.

This is awesome info - u know ur stuff Wendell. I would expand my storage from a single M2 970 Evo Plus to multiple M2 Samsung SSD in raid zero config so I can install Ubuntu 20 besides runnings Windows for gaming - so, multiboot type setup on my Asus z490 maximus formula motherboard.

Happy holidays!

Tony

Would do perfectly as a transport medium between my main storage server & backup server over at my parents house.

I would put it in my main system (Rosewill 4u) so I could change between os on a whim and a removable drive!

I would use the PCIe to M.2 NVMe adapter in my HP desktop PC I as a boot drive. It has no M.2 slots.
I realize I’ll need to point to it via a grub or syslinux bootloader but that’s no problem.

I’d use it as scratch space for various programs.

I would use it for a VM drive.

Would be a nice addition to my wife’s ageing workstation

That is a great idea. I wonder how many times would it work before it losses connectivity? LOL, I just make up words. I know I’m a mental midget. Sorry. But it would have a limited number, right? Regardless I’m doing this. Long live the man behind the monitor.

Computational chemistry.
-I want to look at how IO intensive the calculations I do are, and that would make it less of a pain to benchmark different drives
-Quick scratch drive swapping for cold-preserving temp data

Would love to use it for my unRAID server build

I would put it in my HP TP01-2066 and use it for backups to a couple of m.2 NVME drives I have laying around.

I have a work PC and a home PC. I’d get one for each and use it to transfer my Kali OS between the two so I can take my entire install home to work back and forth.

Well, it sounds nice wish I had a free slot on the MB.