I need some Black Metal Recommendations

"ggrraaarrgghhhhvaaarggg" is probably the best way I've ever heard Burzum been described lol.

1 Like

Early Venom records, Bathory, Darkthrone, Judas Iscariot, Gorgoroth, Marduk, Sargeist, early Sodom records, Mortiferus (they only have a 4 song demo album, but they're pretty good), etc.

Axis of Light is pretty good, most of their stuff is free on their bandcamp.

I've only really listened to doom with that early Sabbath or stoner sound, care to give some band or album recommendations for the style you're describing?

I'd wager that @hvm_kim is talking about sounds like some of the blackened/death doom and funeral doom bands. @hvm_kim please correct me if I am wrong.

Potential examples:

2 Likes

depends, it's very broad (hence mentioning the stoner/70's metal etc streams in it too) . Wikipedia prolly has its own page on it, but fuck that. :)
to me, if i'd have to name bands that represent it for me, it would go from things like pentagram and sabbath to electric wizard to something totally different like trepaneringsritualen to sunn (and obviously early Earth) or neurosis, to CVLTED (check Oblique to all paths) (total hipster bandname but they are good...) or Indian, Monarch,
...even bands like pelican, amen ra or guillotine terror or pissing razors, that's the cool thing; you can have 3 totally different sounding bands yet i would recommend them to anyone who even drops the word ''doom metal''. or sludge, or stoner, or noise, or beatdown hardcore, or depressed or black or metal.... ahhh...words. :)

Makes genre names totally ridiculous yet necessary to communicate sometimes, it's intriguing

Not gonna ruin this black metal thread with links to bands or records or songs i consider 'doom', also, i am very lazy.

oh, and this, yes. haaaha.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for all the recommendations!

1 Like

Thanks! Haha as soon as I read the word depressed my first thought was some Candlemass type stuff, thanks for the links!

This song by Destroyer 666 has been my personal favorite for this year even though its a bit more thrash than it is black metal, stoked to see them at the end of this year!

This is song I found by pure chance a while ago and its a masterpiece in my opinion.

and finally I dont think I could go without the mention of my all time favorite black metal band, Watain. hope I could help :)

Uh, never liked Watain, I don't understand what's going on behind them, I don't find them pretty good.

Have anyone heard the Cradle of Filth's new album?
The idiots tried to remaster "Dusk"... It's SHIIIIIIIIT....
I compared it to the old Dusk, and the old Dusk sounds better. It's 19 years old...

Ok Im finally back to talk about my opinions about the black metal you guys have recommended to me. Ive started adding some of the recommendations to a playlist, just for easier listing of what I like. However Im not going to talk about that right now. Ill talk about that, tomorrow when Ive finished the paylist. What Im here to talk about is some other black metal I stumbled upon so I might be able to get some more recommendations based on that. Ill just list some albums:
Naglfar - Téras
Windir - 1184
Covenant - Nexus Polaris (from this thread but i just really love that one)
Klabautamann - Merkur
Nifelheim - Nifelheim
Elite - We own the Mountains
Id really appreciate any Input

Im also about to listen to some icelandic metal that @geisterfaust listed in another thread

Hope you like it!

Black metal being released this month if you are interested . . .

Mist of Misery - Absence - 8/1/16 (Symphonic Black Metal)
Vukari - Divination - 8/1/16 (Black Metal)
Viranesir - Dad's Choking on My Vomit of His Semen - 8/1/16 (Black Metal/Ambient)
Draut - Draut - 8/1/16 (Atmospheric Black Metal, Ambient)
Cryptic Scream - Death & Damnation - 8/2/16 (Death/Black Metal)
Temple Nightside - The Hecatomb - 8/5/16 (Black/Death Metal)
Hell Gate - 6T [EP] - 8/6/16 (Black/Death Metal)
VTTA - On the Vortex of Chasing the Abyss of Despair [EP] - 8/6/16 (Black Metal)
מזמור - Yodh - 8/12/16 - (Black/Drone/Doom Metal)
Marsh Dweller - The Weight of Sunlight - 8/15/16 (Melodic Black Metal)
Suicidal Madness - Illusions funestes - 8/16/16 (Depressive Black Metal)
Spire - Entropy - 8/19/16 (Black Metal/Ambient)
Feral Light - A Sound of Moving Shields [EP] - 8/19/16 (Black Metal/Black 'n' Roll)
Twilight Fauna - Fire of the Spirit - 8/19/16 (Atmospheric Black Metal)
Stilla - Skuggflock - 8/19/16 (Black Metal)
Meuchelmord - Nostalgia - 8/20/16 (Black Metal)
Door into Emptiness - Wave - 8/22/16 (Black Metal)
Raven Throne - Šliacham zabytych - 8/22/16 (Atmospheric Black Metal)
Happy Days - Save Yourself - 8/25/16 (Depressive Black Metal)
Astrophobos - Enthroned in Flesh [EP] - 8/26/16 (Black Metal)
The Noctambulant - Advocatus Diaboli - 8/26/16 (Melodic Black Metal)
Valiant - Spellbound - 8/26/16 (Epic Atmospheric Black Metal)
Imperium Dekadenz - Dis Manibvs - 8/26/16 (Black Metal)

1 Like

Thanks a lot for this list. Ill definietly check those out when they release

Black metal?
Hmm
Boron comes to mind

But you can change the property of almost any metal
using a high-energy laser pulse
Copper gold zinc ect
Can turn them true black

1 Like

Would it be possible to make blacl uranium then? That would be some reall heavy black metal

what are you, DENSE ?

Alright I think I've got a bit of an opinion on Icelandic Black Metal now. I think this thread clearly indicates that Im very new to black metal but this icelandic stuff has been a rather... special experience and Im really enjoying it so far. I feel like its giving me a bit of an introduction to black metal albums are some real gems. Im seriously thankful for your thread about icelandic black metal

1 Like

Try this!

1 Like