I found an Xbox 360 in the trash today

Actually me and a friend were joking last night that we stop doing void linux for powerpc macs and move development to xbox360 and PS3.

Top kek.

If you know how to wipe these things, that’d be great. I have no clue where to find that in the settings.

1 Like

Is there a morbid drawing of a cat

I’ve actually had somebody come outside and yell at me for taking something from their trash. People are nuts

2 Likes

Even if it is in their trash, it is still their property. If you are caught you could go to jail for petty larceny.

It is only up for grabs when it is relinquished from them and at the dumping grounds, or, when it has been wheeled out to the curb (usually).

1 Like

Normal people don’t give a shit. If I put it by the road, have at it.

Only people that freak out are lonely control freaks

Once out to the road, yes, but next to the house, or on their yard, it is illegal.

Yeah no I’d never walk up to someone’s house, but this lady came and yelled at me while my feet were on the street lol

1 Like

Technically then, you were fine. But just be careful.

I go in rich neighborhoods all the time on trash days just to see what they’re throwing away. I got a working riding lawnmower once

We’re getting way off topic lmao

1 Like

Oh, I found this set of xboxes in a recyclling bin by a dumpster.

install the drives in an old desktop and use d-ban ! ((this is what I use for the spare drives i keep for evidence collection in digital forensics)
this will forensically sterilize the drive for reuse.
dod requires overwrite of 7 times to declare the drive clean (d-ban overwrites more than 30 times)

you can download it and burn to cd.
boot it up and when prompted type Autonuke and let it run.

note if dban gives you a finished early or any message other than wiped successfully the drive is damaged and of no further use

1 Like

I see you too have a Samsung fridge with Android that stopped getting updates this summer…

3 Likes

That’s how I got my first decent computer!! ;D

But yeah just wipe those devices @FaunCB … with great power comes great responsibility.

With even the tiniest amount of common Sense, moreso than your fellow man, you should fight the lizard brain impulses and aspire to a better humanity. Or something.

It probably also crashes when it gets hot is why it was chucked. Reheating it might fix it tho

5 Likes

idk I ran it for an hour. Fans spun up a bit but not that much. Seems ok.

ok dad

1 Like

Put an SSD in it

1 Like

OvErClOcK It

Anything’s possible. Mod it. Power shunt.

1 Like

Load some Linux on there then I got a program for you to compute pi with it.