I found an Xbox 360 in the trash today

IDK I don’t even see HOW to wipe it so fuck if I know.

I have only 2 360 games I’ve ever wanted to play. Mechwarrior and Stranglehold.

No this is an 08/09 model going by the console ID.

When someone threw it out, then it is one mans trash is another mans treasure.

Hard to tell.

1 Like

Yes, but it’s their Xbox Live account. A moral conundrum!

1 Like

Its kind of like plugging in a strange usb stick.

Mechwarrier was pc… ?

Well since it appears they got an xbox one and trashed this, I’d say no? 360 accounts and XBone accounts are separate completely. 360 can only message 360, one only messages one, etc. Or it appears that way?

I signed into my account and none of my contacts popped up. None of my 360 purchases either, though I may just be dense.

There were 2 for console wasn’t there?

Edit: Mech Wolf. Steel Wolf. Something Wolf. 2 mech fighter game where you plastered each other in parking garages. I played it on 360.

I did all my mech warrior on pc ? Not sure. I basically stopped on consoles about the ps2. It was senseless to pay for two.

Oh so no games are tied to the account or console? Bummer, there were a ton of awesome X360 titles.

1 Like

Stop digging man, you might not like what you find.
Like maybe the father killed his wife with the one (why it red-ringed) then molested kids with the other. He may have just been stashing the evidence until he’s overtaken by the urge to murder-lest again! Do you want to be the first warm body he sees when he gets his tools back?

1 Like

It is kind of creepy to wade through other peoples stuff…

Well he’ll learn his lesson when he gets a 360 forcefully rubbed against his nethers and a power cable wrapped around his neck.

4 Likes

Dood I’m horny on main bring it boy.

While I do agree that it’s wrong to rummage through someone’s account, if they have games they obviously aren’t playing them anymore. Probably best to sign out of XBL if they have it and play what’s there.

Worse than that though… To me at least… Are these people throwing away good hardware that works. Sure, it’s MS. Sure, the 360 had a lot of problems. But it’s a damn working console. Some people would be lucky to have one. I grew up poor (hell, my family is still poor with the debt we have) and seeing crap like that getting thrown away makes me kind of sick. There are charities out there that will take them and give them to kids, not to mention other families that could probably make do with it.

When my older brother worked with the garbage company (thank God I’m going to college… And a nice one at that), he’d find consoles, phones, tablets, desktops… You name it… And we’d wipe them and continue to use them. His first day, he brought back a tub of perfectly good laptops (like seven of them) that were recent. That was years ago though. I don’t know what he did with them all. But like I said, it’s just morally wrong to get rid of something expensive like that via the trash instead of donating it. All of my old phones get handed down to my siblings. Same goes for computers and computer parts.

Granted, it’s their money. I didn’t earn it. Do what they may. That doesn’t mean I think it’s right.

Edit: btw. Shitty exes are a real thing. One time my brothers ex tried to burn the house down

1 Like

They’re worth $20 if you’re lucky, most people don’t have the time.

There’s nothing immoral about being rich. I ditched my xbox one s and recently bought an xbox one x to play red dead redemption 2 - it didn’t feel unethical to me.

Most people I know chuck thousands of dollars worth of PC components into the bin every year.

Why is it that rich people “have” to donate because “poor” people suck at life. If you’re hungry or homeless I’ll buy you groceries, or put you up in a hotel, but I’m not giving you a fucking xbox lol.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say poor people suck at life. Just that they have fewer resources.

What might be chump change for you, could mean the world to someone who is without. Some empathy is required here.

4 Likes

You don’t have to do anything. That isn’t my point. And to say some people suck at life and that’s why they are in the situation they are is pretty oblivious to what might have actually happened. I grew up with an abusive father. He nearly killed my mom on several occasions but my mom suffered from PTSD because of it and still hasn’t recovered. He would always tell her that she couldn’t get a job and if she did he threatened to hurt her. We lived with him for 11 years. I have 7 siblings and none of us had a choice or say in the matter. Sometimes we’d get locked in our room for what felt like days with only a bucket to… We’ll take a guess. We had nowhere else to go. My family wouldn’t take my mom back in.

You completely misread my point. I don’t give a shit if you toss it or act like Jesus Christ and start your own charity. I just think it’s wrong to get rid of what works when other people could have made use of it.

Edit: and giving people money, and giving people something you don’t intend to use or sell are two entirely different things. And for the record, I never said rich people should buy poor people anything.

1 Like

I get you. I meant more “hard-life” English isn’t my first language apologies.

1 Like

It’s cool man. I apologize for coming off aggressive.

See if you can get Linux running on the old console, could be a fun weekend project.

Wow I feel dirty now. This is just one long string of morally bankrupt shit.

2 Likes