I can't download torrents through VPN

You tell me.

Assuming that's the VPN server's IP?

Your VPns Problem i think i share you the list of Best VPN for Torrent check Here It helps you i am sure

Try private internet access. They have a native Linux client that works flawlessly from personal experience. Just don't encrypt your /home directory or create a symlink to a non-encrypted directory to get it working. For some reason it breaks when its installed in an encrypted directory. I can link you a tutorial if you're interested.

I had PIA before and it was giving me the same problem Iike I have now with Air. I am on Windows btw... but do have one experimental Fedora machine.

I suspect it's my network config that's causing the problem.

@Eden
This is what the tech support said to me.

The logs are perfect. Do you run, on the router or on the Windows
system, any packet filtering/inspection tool that blocks traffic as soon
as UDP traffic rises? When you connect to the VPN (in your connection
mode, which is the default one) all of your outgoind and incoming
traffic is wrapped in UDP.

Your system is the main suspect. The following line hints to something
blocking OpenVPN and system programs to correctly access network
interfaces and perform other system operations:

. 2016.08.02 18:03:20 - OpenVPN > Route addition via IPAPI failed [adaptive]

. 2016.08.02 18:03:20 - OpenVPN > Route addition fallback to route.exe

. 2016.08.02 18:03:20 - OpenVPN > env_block: add PATH=C:\Windows\System32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem

Do you want to see the full log?

the way i see it - you may have too many open connections for the vpn. Reduce it.

While they might not discriminate against p2p traffic they can cap amount of simultaneous connections you can make.
(same goes for your ISP)

Over here?

try reducing it to

and downloading only 1 torrent at the time.

I reduced it as you said and it still miserable but it did have few spikes which didn't happen before. Had only one torrent downloading.
BLUE = Upload
GREEN = Download

go even less than that.

Reduced to 32 and 8.
Mind you This torrent has 10700+ seeds.

doesn't matter much if your connection isn't good enough to have those connections open.

It looks like we are making progress. It is averaging at 91KB/s.
I should have 35 down and 9 up

limit upload as much as you can, 10kb/s or something.

I would try it with Fedora, regular OpenVPN and Transmission, just to see if it's caused by your PC or the connection itself...
either way, somethings very wrong here

Ouch!

I have PIA installed there right now which is no longer active. Could you give me some hint on how to remove it properly.

I there an folder called ".pia_manager" in your home dir?

No I didn't find anything that begins with pia.

Are you sure that you've installed the pia app, or did you just add their servers to the network manager?