Hydrogen fact or false?

duh bc temp is an average. right now I bet there are air partials that have huge temps like millions of degrees its just very few of them. also its not fast enough for hydrogen in free atmosphere at all. it will escape the earth much faster than that. same reason helium is a finite resource.

they will figure out the same thing

There will always be an energy crisis no matter what.
we couldnt make enough of it then suddenly coal and fuel came around then we couldnt store it well then came the battery then we needed more and fission and we needed more storage and then now we need more power. By natures design we will always be fighting a losing battle.

Yeah but we'll just tell them what their universe is and they will have no choice but to be a working battery or a broken battery.

This engine is pretty damn cool, runs on Hydrogen.

One problem is that the biggest hydrogen tank possible in a car still gets you only 150 miles (IIRC). The guy in the video explaining that engine did a series of videos playing with hydrogen engines and what not, it's pretty cool. But he doesn't seem to like it for vehicles, I think he liked it better for stationary engines.

What interested me more was an Ammonia fuel cell. Ammonia is already a liquid, the Hydrogen density is far higher than pure Hydrogen and it can be run through a fuel cell with relatively little work. It's also pretty hard to actually burn without a catalyst.

1 Like

well I doubt the human race will ever overcome its dependence on dinosaur squeezings which is fine bc there is a whole fuck load of it.

1 Like

I love me some dinosaur juice!

2 Likes

So coming back to this after reading everyone's comments it appears to the layman(myself in this situation) that hydrogen is simply not worth it right now. Well that sucks but this has been a very interesting thread. Very awesome posts tek community!

Im all for the used Corn Oil/Fry Oil method. Those Multi-fuel engines are nice!