Hydrogen fact or false?

https://www.facebook.com/anonews.co/videos/1255866307758259/

So not sure if this is completely crap or not just thought I'd share. If their is some validity to it @DeusQain I know you were wanting to do some vehicle mods so maybe you could try this out?

It's half true.

Not worth it... at all.

1 Like

it is not complete bs but it is not something you can actuly make even slightly worth while.

http://www.dragonfly75.com/gas/

1 Like

Why?
are you referring to the fact that it is volatile?
pretty sure gasoline is very volatile.
hydrogen also doesn't leak and pool on the ground it dissipates out into the air.

I was going to go through a long explanation about this. But I see that you already know more than me.

Also, think of water as Hydrogen exhaust.

Browns gas will rust out your engine.

1 Like

water vapor is easy enough to remove from a system. Rust is the least of your worries. Id be more worried about the fuel it self getting water in it. All cars will rust and they rust bc they arent running bc water can condense. when the engine is running hot you really dont have to worry about the water vapor condensing ever.

Is one of the problems also that is take a lot of power, supposing you are getting you hydrogen from electrolysis. split it from water. and thus costs a lot too.

EDIT: Containment is everyone's worry, we have deform-able kevlar tanks that don't rupture and are much safer in that regard, it is what you would be using anyway because a steel tank for hydrogen in a car i silly.

2 Likes

no idea on the expansion rate but im sure you can produce enough to have it be similar to that of gas.
also hydrogen wont explode unless it has a spark and oxygen. Its not like many other volatiles where if you compress the gas it wont explode. so put it in a steel tank and youre all set.

youre car has plenty of power to do it. Plus solar fuels are very cheap and easy to make. hydrogen being one of them.

i now all those things

case open

1 Like

I know what an intake manifold is the problem is I have zero idea how this guy hooked it up. I also know they arent perfect. they are designed to keep out a small amount of water vapor produced when you burn fuel not hydrogen.
rust shouldnt be a problem here bc there would be very little amount of time that water could settle on the sides and be able to stay there for any period of time.
like it or not Toyota already has a hydrogen car thats out with a steel engine its not a problem.

isn't really about the water, it's about the highly reactive o2 molecules. rust isn't from water per say, it oxidation, the reaction of metals to oxygen.

2 Likes

Because no one looked at the link provided by me. THIS DOES NOT WORK IN REAL WORLD APPLICATION. your Alternator can not produce enough power to provide a meaningful amount of Hydrogen or oxogen. If you put a larger Alternator in your car you will lose fuel efficiency for the sake of still minor gains in the hydrogen production.

3 Likes

not totally true steel can still rust under water but its not Fe2O3 its Fe(OH)3

im saying it's not the water that's the concern.

oxidization just means gaining electrons not that oxygen is involved which it usually is but you cant have rust without some sort of water.

1 Like

i guess you're right, either way i doubt you want oxidation in your engine.

you have oxidation no matter what in your engine. the point is that when the engine is running you will have very little bc of the high heat and the fact that you are pushing out the vapor at whatever your engine is running at rpm wise. you arent going to have any significant rust build up if any.

ok but modern engines are precision engineered so i doubt you wanna add brown gas that has not be calculated for.

1 Like

Never did I think that I would see the day when Anonymous went full clickbait-retard.

They've turned into Buzzfeed.

4chan... why...