Huawei loses access to android and google

They are all ready way ahead of you there.

I know. They have companies and servers in several countries across the globe. Thatā€™s why I said it. What I meant with this was, will this affect Huawei Android devices in other countries outside of the US.

Thanks. Good to hear, I guess, but this probably wasnā€™t going to be my last Huawei phone. I guess Iā€™ll just wait and see how this whole thing develops.

This isnā€™t a surprise. Samsung is doing the same thing with Tizen. Itā€™s just a waiting game.

+1

This is exactly the consequence of monopoly. One shitty decision by an ignorant idiot, and there are infrastructures being threatened all over the place.

as someone with a cheap direct from china huawei phone im interested how this tuns out.

hopefully it complete brakes the phones, that would be a bunch of fun!

1 Like

Part, well a lot, of me hope that whatever they build has full compatibility with android and its apps if you want to side load. And the only reason for that is I want to see what Android (the company) do about it since they have been fighting Oracle for ever at this stage over the Java Api. Court stuff in america between two american companies is one thing but China will just tell them to go away, its not like they are welcome in the US in the first place now.

I really wish people read this book. Not because it would praise china in any way, but because it eloquently writes about how unrealistically fast the chinese developers iterate on their tech, hardware or software. Chock it up to whatever you want, but the fact remains Huawei wonā€™t and doesnā€™t feel a dent in their business with in this whole situation.

Kai, here, was Google China CEO, among others and he grew up in the Silicon valley. Heā€™s now a VC.
Chinaā€™s growth is incomprehensible to the westerners. The Chinese public woke up to the internet and they are not being left behind just because the west is slow to evolve. Millions of Chinese devs are working 20hr days 6 days per week to analyze customer feedback and iterate on their apps. Their business model is ruthless and practices are cutthroat. They are way past the copy stage and to treat them as such has brought down multiple giants that wanted to come into their space.

1 Like

Yes, this will affect Huawei worldwide.

1 Like

The best part is rootā€¦ + magisk + gapps with magisk hide and proper frame work and signature spoofing basically makes the whole deal fucking moot anyways

1 Like

Depends what they have to offer as a replacement. They could turn up to be a third player in the mobile OS market though it will likely be a while before that makes it outside China.

I believe what @mcvet is asking is can Huawei still sell Google android devices outside of US, and the answer is no.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure all of this will hurt the US in the mid/long term. The imense government intervention in this is a big deal for future companies wanting to do business there.
And if the US Governement has no Problem basically running one of the largest phone manufacturers to the ground, what will much smaller companies think of this?

I donā€™t get it either? They are a chinese companie. We get it. You donā€™t like China. Most of us donā€™t. But what has huawei to do with it? Also, itā€™s not like the local Smartphone production is anything the US is known for. And thatā€™s not fixed with subsidies. Heck, we are at a point, where Production is moving from China to other countries because the chinese are getting to expensive.

The US needs to realize, that we are living in a globalized world. You canā€™t do it all on your own. You depend on the help, production and work force of other countries. And at the moment, they are doing everything, to piss the whole world off. Long term, this is not a sustainable ā€œbusiness Modelā€.

2 Likes

Next up; China bans Foxconn from manufacturing US products :cn::pray: :taiwan:

1 Like

That would actually hurt the US companies big timeā€¦And probably hurt Foxconn a bunch as wellā€¦Not to mention all their workers in the factories across the globe.

I would probably start laughing so fucking hardā€¦ Oh this is goldā€¦ I want to see this happenā€¦

It would literally fuck then both equally

1 Like

Yep. Thatā€™s why all this stuff is incredibly short sighted. Also, how exactly is the US getting 5G without China?

Nokia, Samsung, Intel maybe, and some other companies weā€™ve never heard about but are most definitely all around us.
Much more expensive, though.

Yeah, and they all manufacture in China, Korea or somewhere on the earth thatā€™s not the US.

1 Like

Huawei is one of the top phone sellers on these parts, will be interesting to see what happens.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure Huawei will be fine. Since a large portion of their market is china, and china basically doesnā€™t depend on google, loosing access to google is not that big of a deal to them.
Not getting into the US might be a set back, But i can buy huawei in a local store in Germany. Same for most other European countries.

Even Xiaomi are doing fine here, even though they donā€™t offer the play store out of the box. iā€™m pretty sure this will hurt the US much more than it will Huawei.

I donā€™t think Huawei can successfully sell phones on the European market without Google play.

4 Likes

Yeah, tbh Iā€™ve disabled their app store since the beginning, because it wasnā€™t really that great. But their phone quality hw and sw and the device sales have moonshot since only 5 years ago in Europe.

1 Like