[HP][SWITCH]What does this mean? Img:

What do these “features” mean?

I guess gigabit internet?

j3192c is a networking module.

j3193b is a fibre optic networking transceiver.

I do not know their function.

I’m trying to decypher what speeds and specifications the HP J3298A has but google seems to be shorthanded.

Hmmmm.

If you’re google searches are coming up empty, you could always look in the manual.

They’re just modules.

Think of them kinda like PCIe modules for a PC. They’re interchangeable to give you different functionality.

Sometimes you need fiber, sometimes you need copper, sometimes you don’t even need it, so you can save a bit of cash.

Typically, you’ll put your faster links in those slots. Say you’ve got a 1GbE 48 port switch. You’ll want at least 2x10Gb SFP+ so you can get 20Gb up to the core switch.

That’s not really something the manual would have flat out explained.

This switch is 10/100. It’s not gigabit. Frankly, you’re wasting your time with that switch. There are much better switches for the same price. I got a TP-Link for about that 5 years ago that does gigabit across 16 ports.

If you’d like switch recommendations, state your use case and we can go into more detail.

6 Likes

I saw this one for 12 bux. That is why I looked it up.

Goalkeeper, I invite you to the credits page on nxtgc.ddns.net/cred.html

1 Like

Alright, I’ll read it right now.

And I just wanna say, my bad for telling you to read the manual. I didn’t know that modules were like pcie things. I’m sorry.

I haven’t read this, but are you referring to SFP/SFP+ ports?

Not even worth $12 Tbh.

Link is still broken.

1 Like

I believe so.

Ah yeah those are cool. Really nice if you have a mix of ethernet and fiber in your cabinet and don’t want to waste money and rack space on fiber media converters.

1 Like

He gave you the wrong link

Idea was just to have a normal switch because I just have one cable running from the router to the server and I made a gitlab server next to it so that is why I need to make 1 cable to 2.

Buy a $20 netgear gigabit switch from amazon. It will only suck ~5W as opposed to that HP’s ~75+W.

Amazon is not in my country so I would have to wait :confused: I will look for secondhands.
link is: I’m sorry for forgeting my own pages :smiley:
http://nxtgc.ddns.net/cred.html

you got ebay where you’re at?

no, but here are local secondhand retail websites and I could goto the next country to get for abit cheaper.

Well what about this one? https://www.huuto.net/kohteet/16-porttinen-hp-j2611b--hubi/481343175