How do you consume media in bed?

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask a quick question: How do you consume media in bed?

tl;dr
I know I shouldn’t, but I do. I had this thing pictured below, but two of them broke, and it did not work very well…I used to have a laptop next to me, but I ended up selling that. Now I just use my phone, but its small and my hands get tired of holding it.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

iPad on the side table

2 Likes

just a tablet on a kick stand.

I keep meaning to bolt an old monitor arm on, but it’s not really worth the effort

4 Likes

480p/480i/1080i

Panasonic ct26wx15n hd crt 2005

its a lovely screen ps2/3 switch sega cd and og xbox

i have a large dvd collection i digitized to watch over the network on most of my devices

gonna get a og apple tv for some fun projects

the massive 26" crt is at the foot of my bed

I NEED ME BRAIN BLASTED WITH RADIATION

3 Likes

I don’t. And IMO people shouldn’t either.

Bedrooms are for sleeping only.

Helps me have the proper mental separation so when I’m in bed I fall right asleep.

13 Likes

Yeah, I try not to also. That’s one thing I’ve been hearing a lot when trying to rid myself of periodic insomnia. Once the sun goes down the screens should go away.

1 Like

Precariously balancing my laptop on its side

1 Like

only one room for things of mine which is bed room so ends up being a shared space

the corps got that mental separation need go away slept in the same room i worked out in studied and played video games …

its people not having self control to put the stuff down and turn it off that kills people

6 Likes

If I don’t occupy my mind until I’m at the point of drifting off I’ll just lay awake worrying about my problems :frowning:

9 Likes

The best minds of our generation are being paid to overcome that self control.

4 Likes

“influencers”

the world in you hand is a two way window of knowledge

1 Like

No, the engineers working at fags.

2 Likes

which acronym of “fags” are you using

theres a few

1 Like

Facebook apple google spotify

6 Likes

thanks

agreed i would slap spacex instead of Spotify i see it used less and less these days

1 Like

They’re not really working on addicting people to the social aspect of an app though.

They actually seem to be doing fairly decent engineering work.

1 Like

internet for all global no wire always connected … the iphone 13 will have access to it. no more need of towers middle of nowhere connected

just cause one isp is evil doesnt mean the other wont be

1 Like

Ahhh right. Yeah, not sure how I feel about that.

Nice to have the net everywhere for work, not so nice for reasons obvious.

2 Likes

to specify on the iphone 13 part its globalstar that will be there first as space x internet is still beta but china also has a sat phone 3g system

its more qualcomm then apple making this push

its qualcomm setting it up in the iphone 13 x60 chip and the x65 for all customers the following year

I completly agree. And yet I use my phone in bed.

1 Like