How did you start with Tech?

Have one more module to do for the year, going to be complete 2 weeks early. Overclocking is nowhere near as daunting as it was years ago, now most motherboard manufacturers give preset overclock settings for people that just want to take the quick way.

1 Like

where it all started for me

friggin word munchers man :D

2 Likes

A fellow Aussie, the only other reason I got into tech was the fact my dad worked for Telstra in (back them) CUDN (packet data section) back in the 90's before all that got palmed off to India. He was always bringing home shit that they ether no longer required or got too much of.

1 Like

oh mate you're going back way far!

Dude I still don't have NBN (For those who don't know, NBN is the aussie's way of getting SUPER FAST AMAZING SPEEDS that actually only give you 25mbps down or if you are on a business line the highest speed is 100, much better than my current 0.50mbps down) and they said they were going to start groundwork 3 years ago, said I would get it a year afterwards. When it didn't come, they corrected it by saying November last year. Still don't have it. I called again this very day and they said in about 2 years. Fuck. I am never getting NBN. Bloody Fucking Telstra can't give me some nice speeds. That's all I want.

That's my internet speed right now. Its really good compared to what I actually normally get.

Aaaaaaand South Korea has 20gbps....

1 Like

My area is slated to start getting NBN Q2 next year.

1 Like

Damn your lucky. I am actually starting to doubt if I will ever get the NBN. Telstra being the sort of people who be super late at everything even if they quote something already super late.

@Burrito I have dual boot working, currently on Ubuntu Mate :D

1 Like

auch, gratz!

1 Like

I've always been a tinkerer. at age 8 i took my gamecube apart, and swapped out the fans for quieter ones that pushed more air from the family PC.
i never told them thats why that P3 died.
i got into flash games when they were really taking off, then we moved from arizona to oregon, and the P4 512megs and ATI x300 wasnt cutting it for my pirates of the carribean MMO. so i begged for a new PC and we got a new dell tower. i kept all the parts from the P4 system and now im sitting here staring at a FX9370/8gigs/HD7870 and heartbroken it doesn't work. :/

but yea.

2 Likes

It started about 9 years ago when I was about 10 years old I would always break computers by installing, clicking and breaking, playing too much games on it. I had computers before then same stuff that would happen to the laptops/desktops.It hit me I wanted to learn how to fix computers and probably make a career about it which it will never happen cause business is tight in my area and not really worth it. So I started watching random YouTube Videos about computers and with the 'That's how it is' analogy and learning it over and over until I got it got me here.

My dream crushed and my life goal now:

My life now is just to look for a minimum wage job and stick at it as long as possible to support my hobbies as a computer tinker,Cardfight Vanguard (trading card game) and living with my parents and helping them out cause they are in their late 50's especially my mother even though I treat her like shit but the relationship getting better as I grow older and start to realize her need and try to help out her more often.. I am currently getting recommended for a job that I have been doing Work Experience/Placement each Friday which was a Year 12 VCAL thing that you have to get some sort of Work Placement to get your set amount of hours to get Year 12 Certificate VCAL. I have been doing Work Experience at that place even when I finished school since my contract with my Work Experience End the last Friday this December and I finished school in early November . I actually like working there for Work Experience this year which was like a night a day difference from last Year. Same thing in Year 11 but the place that I went to was total shit, work your ass off till the point that you are sweating, getting paid 5 bucks per Friday and get treated like shit although wasn't that shit when I had two girls who were in the same situation as me who got treated even worse than me, probably cause I am a male and work harder than them obviously.This year Work Experience was like I eventually I started to get 5 per Friday and got a slight raise to 10 bucks per Friday, got acceptance with some of workers there which made me happy and motivated me to work hard with a passion not stress and getting yelled at for being shit although I was still kinda shitty but I got my shit together.

1 Like