Honda e

I don’t know if you ever been to Japan but it’s full of kei cars that look even more squared off than that one. And the purpose is to fit in the really narrow city streets they have. It’s a much more function over form approach and I really see why they did that. Also EU roads are generally smaller than US ones so that car will fit perfectly those scenarios. I personally don’t mind it at all.

2 Likes

I live in the UK, so I’m quite well aware of how narrow the roads can get. The cheaper electric cars I see are no smaller than a typical hatchback, sometimes bigger. And there are plenty of nice looking small cars.

I really don’t get why car manufacturers can’t just use standard car designs, and replace the drivetrain with an electric one. Obviously some changes are expected to fit the battery and motors, but come on, no need to make the car look like a pug.

1 Like

I think it looks really sexy. Got a retro future vibe. Too many boring, identical looking cars these days.

The interior is spacious, clean and open. Minimal but with cutting edge technology. Really good diving position too. I cancelled my Model 3 order because it was just so low.

2 Likes

I think it’s the same reason why they’re all so futuristic looking inside for no reason. They feel the need to differenciate them a lot from gas cars in hope to sell more.

It’s based on the original Civic from the 70s. Can’t get me ordinary than that.

The interior doesn’t need half the crap you get in an ICE.

2 Likes

I love the way it looks. The original mini is my favourite car and I was disappointed in the redesign, this looks like what a modern mini should be so for me that’s the best thing ever. And there is so much room for visual tweaks to make it look how you like, it is the perfect blank canvas of a car.

But styling is always a subjective personal thing.

1 Like

because sane cars dont sell anymore. people just want entertainment appliances. people dont enjoy driving or knowing anything about cars… and who can blame them.

yeah, I wish tesla would release a performance version of the model 3 but without all the tech and gadgets. what a fun car that would be. Just give me a hud for speed and a range bar…

As a honda fan boy I love this thing already but I dont see it replacing gas for me any time soon.

1 Like

It would look 10x nicer if they just used the exact same design. The E just looks incredibly plastic and bland.

It does, it’s just all on distracting touchscreens now.

I just hope that manually driven cars don’t end up being outlawed.

Ironically, in the pursuit of entrtainment, i don’t think that cars have ever been more boring. Too much focus on easy/lazy driving and oversized SUVs.

Out of the newer hondas, I love the Civic Type R. Not many cars these days have such personality.

I think that’s what motorbikes are for now :smiley:

My car atm is really just purely utility. So i’ve almost no reason to need a lot of fancy features, its why while cool even these electric wing mirrors put me off slightly. A mirror works, and can be easily fixed, an lcd screen… i can only imagine what the quote is to fix that wing mirror.

2 Likes

I actually tried to motorcycle once! My dad was quite adamant to get me into it >_>

It actually wasn’t so bad, but I absolutely hated it once we had to go on actual roads. Far too scary for me!

Yeah big downside and not great for longevity if your like me and you keep the same vehicle until the end of time… electric vehicles are not for you

inb4 honda crf-electric

edit,
shit honda already prototyped one.

I thought it was cool until I saw the range. Then I was like meh. I live in the middle of California, which means if I want to go anywhere it’s at least a couple hundred miles of driving, sometimes a full day if I wanna get to another state. We have the chargers, but I don’t want to be sitting at a charging station for 30 minutes at least when I can fill up my truck in like 5, and that’s with a 36 gallon tank. Also it gets up to about 115f here in the summer, which means it needs lots of cooling power which means less range.

As a single guy living on my own in a non-metropolitan area, it’s totally impractical. Don’t care how much money it saves me in gas. I can’t take it on a trip and I can’t afford two cars.

Like I’m not opposed to electric cars in general, but they’re still not to the point where they’re practical for the average individual where I live. They’re either too expensive (Tesla) or too limited (Honda, Fiat, etc.). If you have a family and need two cars, you can do one electric car for driving to work and whatnot, and one regular car/truck/SUV for going on trips and stuff, and it makes total sense to do so. But if we’re talking about individual people, they’re not viable unless you make a lot of money or you like staying at home all the time.

Now what I AM excited about is VW and the new bus (if it ever gets here). They could fit so many damn batteries in that bad boy.

Is it really the range that’s the issue though? I think the main problem is the charging time. A petrol car you can fuel up in 1 minute, whereas an electric car can take half an hour, assuming it’s some fancy modern fast charger.

I don’t mind The charging time. @kuro68k made an earlier comment to me about not doing 8 hours of driving in one go and there not wrong, I’ll usualy make one stop for example, at least.

But even with a stop that’s 225 miles, and I’ll do several 200 mile trips a year, I’d rather not stop for those. I guess I could for half an hour but I’m quite comfortable doing 200 mile no stop trips.

So while I’m quite happy at the 30 minute 80% battery stops I’m less happy with the sub 200 mile ranges.

1 Like

That’s a really sad reality. It’s not like I want everybody to focus on performance and studies on how a car works. Just a bit less tech and more focus on what truly matters for a metal can that just need to get you from A to B: comfy, safe, reliable, with Android Auto/Apple Car Play, decent speakers, good range. If I’m not looking for a veichle with specific characteristics that’s a good description of my perfect every day ride.

1 Like

Yes, because I don’t want to have to keep stopping every hour. I can get 550+ miles out of my truck before needing to refuel. If there was an electric car that could go 100 miles on a 10-second charge, I still wouldn’t do it.

Fair enough. I guess I personally wouldn’t mind - it would be nice to stretch my legs once every 100 miles.

OKAY THATS COOL… lol

some even take 15 minutes now… :slight_smile: plus I mean do you do more than 160+ miles a day… prolly not… so you can charge at night when it really doesnt matter

PHEVs are better for long distance road trips… just charge while your going up and down grades and use the electric motor on the straight away constant speeds and in the slow towns here and there

Old man voice
back in my day, every car had shit stereos and smart phones were running palm and windows mobile. If you didn’t like your stereo, well you could just swap it because all the manufacturers used the same standards for radios. You could just go down to the electronics store and pick up a wiring harness and a new radio and speakers and it was easy.

Now we got proprietary infotainment that never sees updates and can’t simply be replaced.

I don’t want Android auto or apple car play because it’s just enabling the manufacturers who do that kind of thing. We’ve moved away from having options to spending more money on worse systems.

They don’t make em like they used to.

[/Old man]

3 Likes