Holidays are nigh. What are you cooking?

So the holidays are almost upon us.

Whatever you celebrate, sooner or later it all comes down to food.

So what are you cooking in your country and your family? Share a recipe or two and if you feel adventurous enough, cook something from this thread.
Pictures and recipes are welcome :slight_smile:
I will post a couple recipes whenever I have the time.

4 Likes

I keep it real simple, living the bachelor life.

Wednesday is a prime rib roast, currently dry aging in the refrigerator. Sides would be asparagus and sweet potato. Tuesday probably shrimp and broccoli. No real recipe… I’ll treat the beef with a rub of olive oil, thyme, kosher salt, cracked pepper and fresh garlic, toss in a 450F oven, then reduce the heat to 225F and let it slow roast all day long.

NYE on a Tuesday is kind of a downer, so probably nothing special. Might treat myself to a seafood buffet the weekend before.

There’s the rib roast, tasted excellent. The hardest part is buying an expensive piece of meat, and letting it rot (dry age) in the fridge for two weeks before cooking.

4 Likes

First of all, I already talked about one specific Christmas Foodstuff before from my country in another post :smiley:

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/its-christmas-and-new-years-soon-time-to-learn-about-a-very-delicious-spanish-chocolate-sweet-turron/151258/30

But we also have other stuff:

1. Ham, Cheese, and Chorizo Appetizer With Bread

2. Spanish Omelet (Tortilla Española)

3. Fried Squid (Calamares a la Romana)

4. Ham Croquettes (Croquetas de Jamón)

5. Spanish Salad (Ensalada Mixta)

6. Spanish Garlic Shrimp (Gambas al Ajillo)

7. Spanish Fish and Shellfish Soup (Sopa de Pescado y Marisco)

8. Spanish Almond Cookies (Polvorones)

9. Spanish Crumble Cakes (Mantecados)

7 Likes

Myself because I am gonna be baked! :point_left: :sunglasses::point_left:

4 Likes

No cooking this year. I usually do cooking (Basic spaghetti meatsauce, mostly) but I have board exams this Jan.

1 Like

Pinnekjøtt and kålrabistappe

Sirupssnipper

Kakemenn

Serinakaker

mobile

4 Likes

Equal parts delicious and unpronounceable.

1 Like

Roasted duck, red cabbage, browned potatoes (pan fried with sukker coating) and lots of gravy :smiley:

2 Likes

Chicken on steroids

We call it chester