It's Christmas and New Year's soon... time to learn about a very delicious Spanish chocolate/sweet, Turron!

More than understandable and that’s an actual issue when eating Turron, especially, and very particularly, the Duro Variety/de Alicante. Be a tad bit careful about this! :slight_smile:

Therefore, if you’re gonna try out Turron, go for the Blando/de Jijona. It’s not hard at all, it’s actually quite the opposite. As you can see in this image it has a very “pasty” texture, so you’d be fine. Also, in this particular variety, the nuts are squashed beforehand and “disappear” completely into the nougat:

Oh shit…

We have it here also… thank you for reminding me… it was one of my favorite candies when I was a kid :30yoadubs:

Here we call it torrone

but have you guys ever heard of “panettone”?

:heart::heart::heart:

Spotted the Italian :smiley:

HOW COULD WE NOT MY FELLOW MARE NOSTRUM FRIEND

However, we call it Roscon de reyes (Literally, Ring of Kings) and eat it during Epiphany in January.

There’s also a food eating game involved with the consumption of the cake :smiley:

Edit: Oh no the image you posted looked similar enough to the aforementioned dish and actually after googling no.

Will try for sure next time I’m in Milano, looks absolutely delish! I can already imagine it’s taste and texture just from image <3

I’m actually brazilian y’know

hahaha

but yeah we got a lot of italian words mashed up into our vocabulary

I won’t talk too much about brigadeiro tho

Just like Denis was… Wonder where did he disappeared… :stuck_out_tongue:

spoder

Let’s not derail too much cause I’m a multi track train drifter

You guys ever heard about rice with raisins?

You know what? I think we should have a Christmass food thread…
I’ll stuff dried peppers with beans, I’ll make cabbage rolls with rice and pork mince, all the greats for Christmass…

2 Likes

DO IT!

Fire it up Pete!

Imma flood you guys with brazilian food

1 Like

I will, but then we will need @The_Yuchent to post the recipes there as well :slight_smile:
People can make HYOUGE international Christmas dinner with all kinds of world food…

I promise that I will :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh fine…
Tomorrow it is…

2 Likes

Speaking of this, you don’t happen to have recepies on hand for this stuff?

Yeah, today I’m busy too

Send me a private message :slight_smile:

Turron de Chocolate

Turron blando/de Jijona

Turron duro/de Alicante

1 Like

Si senior…
I need to buy dried peppers and brand and other stuff…

*Sí señor

Dried peppers? LOL, that doesn’t sound like Christmas at all to me :smiley:

1 Like

Yup… No other way to store them for the winter in the old ages, so we dried them. Then we soak them in water and stuff them up. Usually with rice but I adore the ones stuffed with beans… So that’s what I will be making.

Doesn’t sound quite like a Christmas dish to me, but to each their own :wink:

(Also not a fan of peppers :expressionless:)

you people gon see some mad baked chicken

we actually eat turkey at christmas buut it’s too big and expensive, so I’m buying chicken

Chicken’s better than Turkey IMHO

More versatile for sure!

1 Like