Help with headphone chose

Hi so I have chosen these headphones
Audio Technica ATH-M50 or ISK MDH9000
HyperX Cloud II or Steelseries Siberia V2
I have no idea which is the best chose but I plan on buying Modmic for the mic.
These are not that expensive headphones more the best sound quality with Modmic is the idea i was thinking but I am stuck as I am not sure how good these really are as I dont have them but not a lot video on youtube either. So i seek your advice.

What is your use case? Listening to music on the go? Gaming at home?

Moseley for gaming and movies. As well as Skype talking to family through Modmic.

You got 4 different headphones from 4 different price brackets there.

Links to save others the trouble of searching for them. Ordered by price:
Audio Technica ATH-M50x
HyperX Cloud II
ISK MDH9000
SteelSeries Siberia V2

If your surroundings are fairly quiet, you might want to look into open back headphones like the Audio Technica ATH-AD500x. For those particular ones, I can say they sound fairly good for their price. Pair them with a Samson Meteor and you are good to go.

Closed back headphones have often punchier base and a little less treble. The main difference is that they keep your music/sounds in while blocking out your surroundings. (ATH-M50x and HyperX Cloud II are closed back)
Open back have a broad soundstage. You loose a bit on the base compared to closed ones, but gain treble. (ATH-AD500x and Sibera V2 are open back)

I actually really recommend the Audio Technica M40x
Here's a review of them.

1 Like

So first, thanks for buying (or planning on buying) a ModMic. I'm the Director of Marketing for the company, so feel free to hit me up if you have any questions.

I'd also look at the Sennheiser HD 558 and 598 in that price range for open back.

If you're looking for Closed Back only, take a look at the DT770. It's a little more expensive but based on our polls and third party research is basically the #1 closed back headphone recommendation.

Finally, as @behindthetimesgamer, a lot of people feel the M40 is better than the M50. Personally I feel they clamp a bit tight (both models) for my liking for long term wear.

Obviously if you want to go with a ModMic avoid built in mic headsets! You'll be a lot happier with the DT770 or the HD 558/598 or the MDH9000! Oh and AKG 7xx tends to be pretty common a recommendation as well for ModMic users. Can't go wrong with any of the above.

lol wearing ath-m50's right now. they're very precise, treble forward heaphones. My right cup clip has broken which is annoying, looking to fix it.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/615739/help-with-ath-m50-hinge
i wouldn't recommend them for the build quality

Proud owner of 598's :)
Would also recommend HD25's

Hi AAJoe yes only looking for closed headphones. I will contact you later. I dont like open headphones due to leakage of sound.

get headphones from an audio company, not a gaming company. And quality headphones are definately something worth investing in. You buy a videocard, and it lasts like 3-4 years before they're dated and you need to replace them? You buy good headphones and they don't age, you never need to replace them.

The DT770 would probably be my first recommendation. So many people i know, love those so much. The 598s were my biggest disappointment in my audiophile career, i know some people really like them, but it seems like, Sennheisers are very love or hate, you should probably try them before you buy them if you're thinking about them. Another option would be the ATH-AD700X, as a fairly cheap and well liked open back headphones.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Zeos/comments/3ttvhy/guide_headphones_general_music/

Hi the DT770 and MDH9000 are the ones I might consider also AKG 7xx which one should I look in to for AKG 7xx?

I've had the beyer dt990 pro before. from what i remember they're heavy and overwhelming build wise. apart from that, only heard good things about the dt770

HP150 or K7xx

if you want a detailed review look at http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-3-18-2016-mrspeakers-ether-c-1-1-added just keep in mind of a lot of the prices he lists are dated and a lot are much cheaper now.

When I google dt770 i get different version in google shopping. I am from the uk. Can some send me the link to the correct place to buy this. Is this the correct one Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Headphones - 250 Ohm?????/

do you have an amp? you'd need some sort of amplification for the 250 ohm version
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/15wunp/guide_dacs_and_amps/

I dont have a amp i plan on using this with my laptop and all devices. They have so many version of this. I dont know which one I need as my main focus is for films and tv and any other device without a amp.

the ATH-M50's wont disappoint or the ATH-M40X's. get those instead. they don't need an amp and a lot of people are happy with them

HP150s are perfectly fine driven from a laptop or phone. Great low end for movies and whatnot. Neutral, pleasant, accurate, great all around. Read some reviews (they have the same sound as the HP100s, for reference, just aesthetic changes).