Help with headphone chose

not a large enough sample size, mixed reviews on amazon. a no no imo

Considering that I have a pair, I can personally attest. They sound great. My biggest gripe with the HP100 is the cable since I don't like coiled cables. That is resolved with the HP150. The build quality isn't spectacular, but if you either leave them on your desk, on your head, or in the hard case that comes with it, then it isn't a problem. The reviews by people in the audiophile world are all raving.

Hi is their any DT770 Pro that work without the ampps? I like the DT770 Pro. What the newest ATH-M50's or ATH-M40X's?

there's an 80 ohms version of the dt770. tbh i would go with the ATH-M40X

Hi which one is new model the ATH-M40X or ATH-M50's???????

It doesn't really matter what is "newest" in terms of headphone series. The reason for the different name is usually because the headphones sound different. M40x have better bass than the M50's if I remember correctly, and the M50's usually have piercing highs. It's really just what you prefer in terms of sound.
Some brands have lower quality headphones at the bottom of their lineups. However, other brands do a good job at making well designed and good build quality across all of their headphones. Just look at reviews, and choose your preference.
I always suggest looking at the "Z Reviews" YouTube channel. He reviews headphones, and also records sound samples of all the headphones he reviews. That way you can switch between the videos to hear the different sound signatures each headphone has to offer. He will also tell you how hard each headphone is to power, and from there you judge if you need an amp to power those headphones.
That's the best advice I've got.

here is the video

I think he is expert lol unlike me.
His mods really do look cool.
1 Like

Hi what do you think of the Bluedio U Plus (UFO) Pro Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth headphones Patented PPS12 Drivers Over-Ear DJ Headphones (Black)

Does any one know if these are any good?

Seems like a total gimmick to me. There is no reason to have that many drivers in one headphone. I wouldn't trust it, but I haven't heard them either.

1 Like

Why have 12 crappy speakers when you can have two good ones?

I would avoid multi-driver headphones, they're a gimmick. They use smaller size diaphragms and cheap quality. And you certainly don't need that many drivers to achieve surround sound for gaming. It's an industry standard for games these days to virtualize surround sound to 2 channel heaphones. They achieve this by mixing the sound into a binaural effect, just Youtube a binaural video with a spare headphone right now to hear it for yourself. Also, if you really want Dolby Digital or DTS surround sound that bad you still don't need a multi-driver headphone. Just get a sound card that will virtualize it to your 2 channel headphone which is much more effective than driving 6 channels individually into each smaller and cheaper drivers over one good 40mm or 50mm driver for each ear.

1 Like

Better to get a quality stereo headphone than an over-engineered one with multiple cheap drivers.

If you are looking for closed headphones, I would grab the M40X(with Brainwavz hm5 pads) or the DT 770 80 Ohm. These should be fine using typical onboard audio. You can also take a look at the AKG K553 if a lot of your music has vocals.

If you want open headphones, the HD 558, HD 598, and Philips SHP9500 are my picks. The K7XX you've stated earlier is good as well, but you need an amp since those cans like a good amount of power. The K7XX is also in a way different price league. It would be good if we knew how much you were planning to spend.

When it comes to headsets, the HyperX Cloud lineup is quite solid. I would also recommend the Sennheiser Game Ones. The Game One is basically a HD 558 with a mic attatched.

2 Likes

Hi regards to the M40X with the pads mode the ZMF OVAL EARPADS which one should I pick Cowhide or Lambskin or Protein? In the video Z Review - Audio-Technica ATH-M40x (aka FU©K M50's even harder)
above I dont know which one he has used? Does any one know which he uses? I did email him and left comment but no replay as yet.
NEVERMIND LOL These are the Cowhide ones.

I would like to buy hard case I found these
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/V-MOTA-TDG-Headphone-suitcase-boxs-For-Audio-technica-ATH-M50X-ATH-MSR7-ATH-M40X-ATH/32613991795.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.54.6VOcWI&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2,searchweb201603_1&btsid=e3745b26-e16d-4683-90cf-9ebaca959c41
what do you think? Any good?

Sorry to bump but wanted to give my .02 for the picks here. I owned both a pair of beyerdynamic dt990's 32ohm, and a pair of MDH-9000 ( or Lyx has-30 ) and to me the sound was better on the MDH-9000. I listened to both of them back and forth with the same tracks and I was sure of my preference. Bought the Lyx has-30 for 45$ on Amazon. O and both were SUPER comfortable.

I second this guide. It helped me out a lot when I was looking for headphones.

I have to say Steelseries Siberia V2 are terrible. They sound very tinny, grip your head like a vice, and the ear pieces are just a tad too small, so your ear doesn't fit all inside, making prolonged use impossible. Definitely don't buy them (unless you can test them and find them to be to your liking).

I have open-back Audio Technicas (ATH-AD700, the purple ones), and love them - the sound is very good (clear, precise) and they're very comfortable to wear for hours. So I can vouch for Audio Technica - they definitely can make good headphones.

According to my experience, Sennheisers have more emphasized bass. Whether that's a plus or minus depends on your tastes.