Help me build a pc. need a mobo

OK. Bye.

1 Like

Don´t we all?

1 Like

At LEAST

Honestly at this point to get the feature set that I want I'm a very well consider the 6700 K but my fear is that it might start to bottleneck under that type of load two graphics cards and two ssds in raid

The 6700 K only has 16 PCI Express Lanes
Each m.2 takes 4 lanes
Each gpu takes 8 lanes

So I basically need x99 with 28 or 40 Lanes
The only way I can use a 6700 K is if I'm only using One graphics card and up to two m.2
Maybe I can find a gigabyte GA z170x gaming G1 on eBay
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/RtnYJV
VS
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zYT6hq

I think maybe I will go with the 6800 K build and try to locate a USB 3.1 type c PCI add-in card

Like this?

www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Backward-Compatibility-Connector-GC-USB3-1/dp/B00WP1ZR8W/ref=sr_1_2

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99%20Extreme11
+
That usb add on card....

www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Backward-Compatibility-Connector-GC-USB3-1/dp/B00WP1ZR8W/ref=sr_1_2
But its sooooooo expensive

You said you wanted to go high-end!

If I never use more than one GPU at a time chances are I will likely never be able to game at 4K

But I would be able to use 2x. m.2 units
Even with a 6700k

But if I used two graphics cards to play at 4 k then I have no more pcie lanes for anything.......

Then again if I quit my bitching and just build cheap with one graphics card meant for like 1080 or 1440 p and dual m.2
that would be cheaper and still work I guess.....

But that's not what I want.....

Wait can x99 even boot off of a raid of m.2?

???Can you raid a. U.2 and an m.2???

??Can you boot to a raid like that on x99??

At this point I think I am just screwed

I'll probably buy the 6800 K
Asus Rog strix x99 gaming
4 sticks of 16 gigabyte RAM
with a single Samsung 950 Pro 512 gigabyte M.2 solid state drive

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zYT6hq

@wendell
Hey man, do you recall if at CES did you guys see a motherboard similar to one that I'm looking for? X99 + double m2 with a type-c connector ?

Assuming that would even be a bootable configuration...

I am currently at work so I can't go and review your videos

Asus X99 ROG strix would be a very good choice.
Decent motherboard with very nice feutures for a good price.

I always did like Asus as a company I have had defective Asus motherboards in the past but I can't really blame them for that

I should look up the per core performance of that 6800 K vs my 2500 k for shits and giggles

Siigh. I know I dont need more cores...but I waaannnt themmmm

Hm lookin at it, unless ive read bad info,
The per core perf isnt that different really

I have a box full of SAS drives at work that we don't use so that Asrock board is kinda tempting with the onboard SAS controller. Pity it doesn't have 10Gb Ethernet as well integrated.

Anyway a single GTX 1080 isn't that far off 4K UHD gaming at high settings so maybe build your system base with a lesser card and see what develops later this year in the high end single GPU market.

well for now iv got that gtx 970 still in the existing water loop
ive called up swift tech and asked them to ship out the back mounting plate for my apogee xl for the socket 2011

my question is, why not get 2x2670v3 12 cores and a dual xeon board for 500-700 instead of 1300$ ish on a 6-10 core cpu/mobo.

cos those are like 2.3 ghz
and i like to have some fps in my videogames
ok, between amazon not being able to prime ship out quickly and having things at other prices
it looks like ill be ordering off newegg.com
Grand Total: $1,451.60 yeesh
im still really sad i dont get my 1tb of fast ssd...

or
Grand Total: $1,315.45 if i only buy 2x 16gb ram sticks

orrrr
Grand Total: $1,702.41 if i max out the mobo with all 8x 16gb sticks

2.3 ghz boost to 3.1 and double the cache of the 6800k. quadruple if you count 2v1. and cant you just edit the ini's of your games to utilize 24 cores? and didnt Wendell mention the larger cache making a huge difference when he compared i7's and xeons in his latest video?

besides with what you save you can get a 1080 and that + dual xeon beats 6800k + 970

are you serious dude?
really?
come on....

siting here reading this and nope. i can not tell if this is rhetorical or sarcasm or serious.
help

Samsung SM961 coming out "soon" Tm.
in 1tb sizes.