I’m sitting here like someone say it, SOMEONE SAY IT
Do you have Above 4G Decoding and Resizeable BAR enabled?
My systems are ancient and all have a switchable BAR, so they just… do it when required. But on new ass stuff you can hard lock it on and get the full bus all the time. This is really important for stuff like Looking Glass and VM Swapping GPU’s, so I bet its just as important here.
In 2020 I tried to build a machine that would let me use GPU’s sorta like USB sticks for VM’s. Didn’t work out, 3900X was a huge kack and a half with no RMA option for my use case, so I threw the whole thing out, but the only way the cards even showed up correctly and ran anything at all was Above 4G Decode and ReBAR.
I have a Grid K2 that I actually want to use as a render card in a build someday. The display unit will be some nonsense like a GT730 or an X600, but the actual render engine will be the K2, and maybe even a MI for ROCm etc. Just doing big on the cheap. (If I am lucky, I will be able to watercool all of the dies too)
Also, just my recommendation, test this all out on a bench with a PSU dedicated for your testing card. Leave it on with a jumper, and see what you can get the card to do with whatever air solution you can build. I, at least, find things easier to test without my compute card pulling on the mains for the mobo. But thats a personal peave, mostly. You can touch everything and know what its physically doing compared to what its lying about on the screen LOL.