Hey, so basically I got a new Seagate Barracuda drive like few days ago with a product code: st2000dm008. The initial speeds were good, as far as I can tell with my lack of experience, though they dropped by over a half in write speeds after i moved some stuff over to the given drive.
What I’ve done so far:
- Changed out the SATA port and cable.
- Updated the BIOS of my motherboard to latest version.
- Ran all the tests on SeaTools, which all passed.
- Checked the status of the drive with Crystal Disk Info, which also looks good to me, at least.
- Ran chkdsk through command line in Windows.
- Defragged the drive
Screenshots of different statistics provided below:
Information of the given drive
Results before the problem.
Results after it occurred.
Also including the speeds of my SSD, just to compare and see if that’s faulty as well, I really don’t know personally.
I really don’t know what to make out of any of this, honestly. So I hope that anyone here finds time to diagnose it or give any pointers.
Thank you for your time.