Has anyone had trouble getting an Asrock C2750D4I to post?

Agreed. I hope your RMA goes well @Dexter_Kane

I'll just test it with what I have, but I agree, it looks like it's the board.

@MisteryAngel no I don't have any USB devices connected, I unplugged everything as I originally thought it was the network card (as it's pretty old and has caused issues before) but I get no change with it without everything connected. I also thought it could be an issue of too low a load on the PSU to get it to start properly so I plugged in as much stuff as I could but still no change.

Also tried to take out the bios battery etc?
So totaly unpower the board to reset everything.

You cannot do that anymore with new motherboards, believe me I've tried. The battery is only there to keep the time.

You can reset the CMOS on it, you have to remove the battery and short the two small metal pads near the battery. But I've tried.

I've just tested it with some other RAM but it hasn't helped.

I have to say 99% no; I used some ECC ram from dell servers in the first go, and nope.
Than bought ram thats on the compatibility list, and than it posted the first time.
This machine is truly pickier with ram than the Dell or HP servers are.

I had those two shorted for 15 mins than it did show signs of success.

Thise pad things make me really apreaciative for the annoying jumpers that most boards use.

Everything needs a clear CMOS button.

I just got another e-mail from asrock, they're going to send me a new BIOS chip, so hopefully that fixes it. That will be much easier than take it apart, sending the board to europe or wherever and waiting for a new one.

1 Like

Oh YES! Totally, I was puzzled, scared and shocked when I found that they realy just put two fkn naked solder pads there O.o The price of this sucker would have also payed for a dip switch or at least 3 pinheaders with a jumper.....

Totally!

That sounds actually awesome! Some light shine in the dark moment at least ^^

Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Little bit of an update for anyone who was on the edge of their seat about this, finally got the new BIOS chip and that fixed the problem.

1 Like

@Dexter_Kane

Congrats!

1 Like

What revision of the BIOS and IPMI do you have now?

IPMI is the latest, I flashed that when it wasn't working. I think the BIOS is 2.90, I haven't looked at if that's the latest or not, I'm just going to leave it alone for now :P

If that is your version, I can look my self if its a current one. Thanks! =)

EDIT: yes thats the most current version, released on 3/23/2016

Makes sense.

I just had one of the disks in the other server suddenly stop working, but after taking it out and testing it then putting it back in it started working again. Hopefully it just came loose or something. I really don't need anything else going wrong with this thing now that it's finally out of a degraded state.

1 Like

I had a problem with a shitty molex to sata power adapter bought from a "professional retailer" not china backyard sale or so...

It seemingly did not have enough feather pressure in the contacts and thus vibrations in the system caused brown outs for that one disk =/

That sucks, I've had them where the pins would push out and I wouldn't realise. Took forever to figure it out. There's so many cables in the back of this computer it's a total pain when something goes wrong. Really wish I had a backplane with disk racks and all that on this one.

1 Like

I have no backplane(s) either, however I do have switched to drive bays that hold 3 HDDs in two 5 1/4" slots; they have no backplane for SATA/SAS, so each needs three data cables, but they have two SATA power each, were they feed into one rail that feeds all three drives... so at least on the power side of things with this little fellows I have redundancy at least for connector fails;

1 Like

Oh just remembered something, Iā€™m not sure if you know this already but...just a FYI, don't use the Marvell sata inputs for whatever you do, the controllers are a bust and will mess your drives up, stick with the intel controller.

Yep mine died just last night aswell. Got it Sep-2015 and just upgraded to freenas 11 and wanted to do a reboot. That sure didn't happen, it shut off and never woke up. Also hoping for a replacement that is cured from that bug ofc.