Harvard Says Vaping Can Cause Lung Disease

Drawing a breath, yes I just tried, continuously and steadily for 8 real seconds with regular air is difficult. That's full capacity for me let alone dumping vapour or even smoke in it.

Main active problematic ingredient in vape liquid: Propylene Glycol. Propylene Glycol, while approved by the FDA for use in Food sources, is extremely bad for the human body in large doses. PG is hygroscopic, it absorbs water, and it will collect in the bottom of your lungs instead of being completely evacuated when you exhale. Therefore allowing the PG to absorb the natural water in your lung tissues and larynx causing dry coughs. Your body will also produce mucus in the lungs to combat the foreign material in them.

Moral of the story? Don't buy vape liquid with high amounts of PG in it. Buy 80/20 mixes of VG/PG and in most people they won't have these stupid symptoms. I myself suffered from these symptoms at 50/50 PG/VG and 60/40 PG/VG, with the exception, that I also felt like someone punched me in the chest every time I woke up in the morning.

We all know PG isn't going away, you need it to get the flavorings to stick to vape liquid. But, just for the love of Pete, please use lower concentrations of PG in your vape liquid. You don't need to be inhaling industrial coolant.

Agreed.

I just want them to prove that vaping is as bad as smoking.

I just wanna watch all the dumb ass honda kids slowly die in their shitty civics and accords.

2 Likes

hey now don't you be dissing honda, atleast hate all car manufacturers equally.

I heard on the radio it was something to do with the different flavors, some are harmless, but most can cause popcorn lung and other bs....

Mmmmmmm I pretty much do.

But I especially hate the honda kids and the retard red necks who talk about how a straight pipe has given them an extra 50hp.

Poke the research with a fork and see what happens. Its not the flavorings, its PG.

Propylene glycol is what they use in deodorant. Why are they seriously using this in ecigs? I know you explained, but I mean isn't there an alternative?

If you can find a liquid chemical that isn't poisonous that will absorb the flavorings and thin out the Vegetable Glycerin, then yes there is a possibility of removing PG entirely.

Up next - Smoking causes global warming!?!?!?!!

1 Like

Gonna just leave this chain here.

2 Likes

bottom line, weed is the safest thing you can smoke.
blazit 420 fagt

4 Likes

Saying that we have a ton of data from history doesn't make sense though. Where exactly are you getting this? Just saying that history is a reliable source of information doesn't make sense if you're questioning every other source of information or something similar.

Should we celebrate this? haha

1 Like

Everybody, never mind where you are on this issue needs to remember one thing You can Overdose on Nicotine. Yes, it's true this can happen with Oxygen or even water as well. Vaping is better then smoking, and less expensive at this point if you have a trusted seller. The thing is your can go all Natural/Organic doesn't mean it is still a good thing. You are still vaporizing stuff no one has studied. The thing that irks me is this...People bitch about drugs and alcohol, terrorism, it being okay for the state to spy on everyone and do nothing until they pass Ex Post Facto laws ( probably not that far off ) in the name of security. Yet I face more risk in my 30 mile round trip to work from police speeding and profiling and dumb ass people who can't drive with 3 ton vehicles. Yet no one is heard to speak up for more transperency in driving, besides the insurance companies. Just a bit of insight into my brain. And no, autonomous cars won't solve it, even google can't program for idiots on the road. I am all for the position, want to do it to yourself and no others feel free, to someone else who isn't consenting, not going to happen. Oh I forgot it's "FOR THE CHILDREN!"

celebrate with nicotine and alcohol
and pizza, you need pizza, it kills.

1 Like

Yeah you can overdose on nicotine in concentrated doses, but there's no way that someone can have the physical and mental fortitude to vape enough, to actually kill themselves. They'd be puking and unconscious before they'd die.

I actually get a queasy stomach sometimes when vaping 10mg. (light weight)

I find nicotine sort of enhances my mood and makes life more enjoyable, so why not?

Some people are pretty allergic to PG, seems to be some rare cases of this happening. But yea another reason to choose juices that are higher VG than PG.

Not big surprise. I don't think the point is to be healthy. It's be dramatically more healthy than conventional cigarettes. It's the fuuuuuture.

Every now and then I do like to enjoy a Cigar.
I use to smoke a pack of cigarettes every two days but quit about 4 years ago.