Handheld gaming

You could say it was… legendary! Lol the cringe.

But yeah, It feels a lot like Burnout 3 Takedown, and that’s another game I played the crap out of as a kid. Loved that game!

1 Like

I’ve completed Fat Princess: Fist Full of Cake.

This is a game I repeatedly return to since it’s such a blast to play, if you’ve never played it it’s available on PSP, PS Vita, PS3, and (I’d imagine) PS4. You can download the demo (multiplayer only) for free. Totally recommended!

@psycho_666 I’m going to give Patapon 2 a go next time I want to play (probably tomorrow).

3 Likes

I hope you have headphones or a quiet room…

1 Like

Well I learned how to align text if anything

Disgaea is great, you’ll need a TON of hours into it

1 Like
Device Game Rating Complete Notes
GBA Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap 10 :ballot_box_with_check: Great adventure
GBA MegaMan Battle network 1-6 9 :ballot_box_with_check: Great iso metric series
GBA MegaMan Zero 1-4 9 :ballot_box_with_check: Back and slash+Run and Gun
GBA Metroid Zero Mission 10 :ballot_box_with_check: Classic Revitalized
GBA Metroid Fusion 10 :ballot_box_with_check: Alien: The movie: The game
GBA Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones 9 almost, a decade ago Great strategy gamd
GBA Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga 10 :ballot_box_with_check: Whacky
3DS Eterian Odyssey Millennium Girl 9 Nearly Some of the best dungeon crawling
Android Caves 10 IDK if you can Rogue like where you can mine through the walls
Android Sector Strike 6 IDK if you can FTP R-Type clone

A lot more but I’m tired

3 Likes

I watched the anime many years ago, so I figured I’d give the game a try. I’ve played just enough to figure out what type of game it is.

Noted. I’ll grab my headphones for it.

Oh, man. IDK what I’m doing wrong, but I can’t get past the very first tutorial.

DAFAK? The first patapon giving you the drum?
Where you have a single button? And you have to time it with the sound?
THIS?

Oh, it was the 2nd one, but I see what I was doing wrong.

2 Likes

Congratulations, you just mastered the game :smiley:
Actually, no, you didn’t… They make so much with that concept, it’s spectacular…

1 Like

I was stopping after I did the square, square , square , O. Didn’t realize I needed to keep going after the little guys copied me. Lol

This game sounds fantastic! Wish I had better rhythm though.

1 Like

Oh fuck bookmarked and watched.

This thread sparked a thought on testing Pentium 2’s and 3’s to see which can handle emulation better and to watch the clocks.

Kek

1 Like

I was just listening to this.

Which emulates are you thinking about trying?

I’ve been really wanting to make a Handheld, but I want to be able to play PC games on it so I’m looking at maker/dev boards like the LattePanda Alpha, and the Udoo Bolt V8. The Udoo is an absolute beast, but it’s really big to try and put in a handheld. Both can play GTA 5.

GTA 5
LattePanda Alpha: 720p normal setting @ 30fps
Udoo V8: 1080p normal settings @ 33fps

2 Likes

Probably ZSNES. I’d love to go through tiny computers and stress them with shit level emulators to see how they handle.

My mobile gaming is a little different than just PSP’s ;3

Look at the OpenPandora. I’ve wanted one for forever.

1 Like

Pumps me up every time…

Fuck me, I’m grinning like a little kid now :slight_smile:
1 Like

No worries. I don’t want this to be a PSP thread. Kinda surprised no one has really talked about the Switch.
I like PSP because it has a lot more then RPGs on it. I do know there are Nintendos that have more then RPGs, but I don’t even know were to start with them. Never have owned anything Nintendo in my life.

That thing is pretty sweet! It’s like the OG (and open) GPD XD.

I love it when I find myself doing that. lol

1 Like

I could talk about 3DS hacking in here if you want.

Not surprised at all… Most switch games I can run on PC or other consoles, and the rest are nintendo exclusives. So talking about the switch here will just turn it into another generic gaming thread.

Yeah man, if you want. I’m worried people stop by and see all the PSP talk then bail. Lol

I feel more people are interested in Nintendo, and I will gladly pick one up if it or it’s games strike my fancy.

1 Like