Half-Life: Alyx

Wonder if you can grab one and stick it on an enemy.

1 Like

Or just volley crowbar whack it right out of the air. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can someone please edit the title? OMG, my OCD! Itā€™s called Halv-Life!

1 Like

What are you on about?

I didā€¦

my OCD was triggered also

I cant tell if it was all pre-scripted (I hope not); but if they can nail movement/interactivity like that, or at match the movement like in Boneworks, itā€™ll be a knockout.

I just checked btw. ā€¦ Valve Index is out of stock. Like everything for it, every bundle, everything is out of stock.

2020 might become the first year a PC peripheral is winning the console wars.

1 Like

Thatā€™d be funny.

Honestly though, I donā€™t know that valve anticipated those sort of sales

1 Like

The more I see of it the more I think this is the tipping point. This is when VR takes over.

Valve on YT:

IGN

[Edit] Added the other two official videos from the Valve YT-channel.

1 Like
1 Like

Just bought some preliminary items (usb3.2 / face covers etc) for a Quest headset. Does anyone think I will have trouble playing this game with the quest?

I really canā€™t afford a Index, plus there is no stock here in Australia. But Amazon sell the Oculus quest for $649AUD which is not that bad (has been on special for $599aud in past, but likely not again for some time).

Probably the only thing that concerns me about the Quest is hand tracking, however there has been loads of great updates to the Oculus Quest. Iā€™d call it one of the most updated headsets Iā€™ve seen (firmware and software patches that make it significantly better).

Timestamped:

Ok cheers. My only concern really is how good the USB3.2 cable I bought which claims it works for Quest. (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3M-USB-C-Data-Transfer-Fast-Charging-Cable-For-Oculus-Quest-Link-Type-c-3-2Gen1/274182723033)

Gabe-hype!

2 Likes

Yes I know, Tested isnā€™t really games media. But Norm has more hours in VR than probably most usual game outlets ever got to see. And that is the important part here. :wink:

Looks like they nailed it.

I just watched about an hour of it and it even looks great as a 1080p video on a flat screen. I canā€™t imagine how it must feel to be in that world.
(Not the Tested hour, I watched jacksepticeye. Heā€™s more goofy and dumbā€¦ I can identify with that.)

I can not imagine anything more groundbreaking coming out on traditional platforms this year and I certainly canā€™t think of another major VR title of this caliber at all. Even games for the new consoles will have a hard time standing out next to this.

I think this is gonna be GOTY everywhere and more importantlyā€¦ I think this will open a lot of doors for new games. If Alyx doesnā€™t make that happen, nothing will.

1 Like

Man, when Valve thinks it is go time ā€¦ they are not fucking around!

SPOILERS! DO NOT CLICK IF YOU PLAN ON PLAYING ALYX YOURSELF

I canā€™t believe itā€™s not a meme anymore.
Watch to the very end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjTaIIoTY64

If anythingā€™s a test of self control, itā€™s that post.

orders index

Damn you valve, you got me.

1 Like

Yeah, I am having an eye on what people say about Alyx on proton. Seems good for the most part but there are still issues here and there.

oh, I hadnā€™t even considered it an option.

I really just want to get it working on my VM.

I was pretty sure valve would give it the best shot and because of the engine itā€™s not even a big deal.

Oh, do you have rights to rename this topic to just Half-Life: Alyx?
I have a feeling this might be active for a while.

1 Like