Hackintosh so complicated :(

For Virtualbox, I do not know.

I do know that many people have gotten AMD Hackintosch's out on the web. From APU's to the 8350. I would imagine its just a waiting game.

1 Like

So you suggest I install Yosemite instead of Sierra? How can I dual boot windows 7 & hackintosh on same ssd? So is yosemite 10.10.3 most stable or 10.10.2? I just want to install hackintosh without any complications.

Well its kind of up to you.

IMO yosemite is more trouble free. HOWEVER........apple does like to lock you out of using older OSes. So what happens is that new apple software will only install on sierra. For instance the latest version of imovie and photos is only available on sierra.

Sierra is pretty good too, but siri is kind of annoying and you can't completely kill it. If you found a way to gut siri, then I would probably tell you choose sierra.

El Capitan is stupid. Its not bad, but it really did not do anything for the end user. I think it added the split screen feature and that was about it. And personally I use better touch tool because apple can't figure out how to split a screen to save their fucking lives.

Now that all being said, to boot windows 7 and OSX on the same drive is not ideal, but it can be done and it only requires one extra step to the OSX installation.

First you need to back up your windows 7 install because you will unfortunately have to wipe it.

When you run the OSX bootable installer you need to go to the utilities. You need to wipe your whole ssd and change the partition table from master boot to gpt. WARNING, THIS WILL WIPE YOUR SSD CLEAN.

Once that process is done, go ahead and make 2 partitions. One will be for OSX, and the other will be for windows.

From there you install OSX and go through the whole hackintosh guide on tony mac.

Once that is done, go ahead and boot from a windows install flash drive and install it on that second partition you made.

It would be a lot easier for you to install windows 10 in this instance since windows 10 will work a little bit better with a gpt table. But that is my own observation so take it with a grain of salt.

Ok thanks Tjj for your support. So about Yosemite, which version of yosemite is all around best or most stable?

what ever the latest version is.

I heard 10.10.5 has issues. Is 10.10.3 better performer?

Uhhhhhhhhh nope. IDK who had those issues, but its definitely not a common issue.

My advice stands, use the latest version.

Ok thanks 10.10.5 it is then :)

I'm stuck at PCI Configuration begins. I can't type any bootflags. The screen is frozen my keyboard won't type anything :(

You don't type boot flags while the system is booting.

When you boot the machine, you should get a UEFI boot manager. In this case it is clover. You should get a little clover with googly eyes.

Below that is some options to change boot flags.

Clover has a kernel flags line in the options menu, but also has some predefined options there as well. (At least it was there the last time i messed with clover)

I used multibeast & I keep getting stuck at apple logo loading screen. I tried everything changing bios settings you name it & issue still persists. Is yosemite having issue with r9 290 what is going on here? :frowning:

You need to boot with verbose mode in order to give you an actual readable error code.

To boot with verbose mode, you need to use the -v boot flag.

Ah, try booting in safe mode.

-x -f -v

You will most likely get another error, so keep your camera ready.

But we are getting closer to a solution.

Thank you :slight_smile: I booted with -x or safe mode & hackintosh successfully booted finally :slight_smile: So I wonder why it will only boot fine in safe mode? Also I notice in safe mode the mouse cursor moves slower.

When you boot OSX the system will try and load bits of software that will control parts of your computer.

In windows these bits of software are called drivers. But in OSX they are called kexts. These kexts will throw errors if they are not loaded correctly.

Safemode helps us by only loading the bare essential kexts. This helps us circumnavigate problematic kexts that will most likely be fixed when you install multibeast after installation.

I already installed multibeast I still have Ethernet issues & yosemite won't boot unless I boot in safe mode :frowning:

Try booting with verbose mode ( -v -f ) and tell me what errors you get.

Ethernet still not working & my LG blu Ray player acts weird I notice the blue light blinks a lot. Also the screen resolution is low I can't change it to 1440p. Multibeast did not help. How can I boot yosemite without using safe mode? Do I use unibeast instead? I don't know :frowning:

When you boot up yosemite, you should see clover.

Before the computer boots all the way up, you need to enter the -v and -f boot flags.

NO SAFE MODE.

This will give you an error most likely. I need that error code to help you. Otherwise I am flying blind.

I can however tell you that if your ethernet is not working that you installed the wrong ethernet driver with multibeast.

You also have two separate intel nics. I would try swapping between the two ports and tripple check that ehternet is not working before you start installing extra ethernet kexts.

Lastly, I have absolutely no clue on what to do with your blue ray player. You are gonna have to do your own research on that one or maybe someone else can help.