Guess that anime thread game

It was? Damn… didn’t recognise it! We’re not up to date with it though, maybe we just haven’t seen the parts.

3 Likes

It was from the most recent arc of the last couple episodes. The handyman and cooking isekai are both sharing second place for me behind the 80K one, with the odd harem farming one in last but I’m still watching it. There’s also the “Grace of Gods” and “Evolutionary Fruit” sequels, but both of those have gotten a bit stagnant.

3 Likes

Image 2:

5 Likes

Image 3:

5 Likes

Looks up Mecha characters with blue hair, it’s only Rei. Which is correct
200w

5 Likes

Well those characters share a lot of traits with Rei. They won’t die even if you kill them.

Image 4:

3 Likes

I’m just reading through this entire thread to maybe get some recommendations out of it for when I eventually pick up some anime again aaaannnndddd I stumbled on this post and I just had to…

Slight Cyberpunk rambling (sorry not sorry)

I’m sorry what? I’m not sure if this is supposed to be sarcastic or if it’s just incredibly misinformed.

Gunnm’s Manga released (according to Wikipedia) between 1990 and 1995. The term “Cyberpunk” was coined going back as far as 1980 and was used to describe the works of William Gibson, primarily the Neuromancer-Trilogy.

Cyberpunk (the Pen&Paper game by Mike Pondsmith that both Cyberpunk 2077 and also Cyberpunk Edgerunners are based on) released its first edition (later referred to as “Cyberpunk 2013”) in 1988.

Even Blade Runner (the original obviously) - which many regard as defining the aesthetics of Cyberpunk for years to come even until now (and was a major influence for the aforementioned Cyberpunk P&P) - was released in 1982.

So as good as Alita may or may not be (I still have not gotten around to watch it), it is definitely not what “spawned” the Cyberpunk genre.

And if we’re wanting to look for examples coming back to Anime and Manga: Appleseed and Ghost in the Shell exist.

Anyway after the ramble I’ll try to actually participate with my very limited knowledge in Anime :rofl:

3 Likes

Nietzsche—>noir—>cyberpunk

and welcome to the game

2 Likes

Okay image 5:

3 Likes

I used the internet to find the answer is that acceptable?

1 Like

Sure go ahead, I’d say cheating after 7 days is acceptable.

1 Like

I am guessing ZEGAPAIN

3 Likes

Correct!

3 Likes

…will refrain in the future.

Stumbled across this one. Not the best, kinda cheesy, but gave it the benefit of the doubt and checked into the manga. Basically in the future volumes (post-season 1 of 1 [hint]) the sub-plots get pretty good and outshine the silly (imo) arc.

5 Likes

the manga readers convinced me to give it a shot and i also watched it. seems pretty good but also like im watching the first chapter or two. game of thrones while they are still traveling and introducing characters in the first season before anything really started.

and i didnt want to make any rules against using the internet for help because its impossible to enforce. if you dont tell us how would we know? and sometimes we get stuck for a week or two so it can be really helpful its not like all of mal is here guessing

4 Likes

Seems like @fredrich_nietze you and I are having the exact same experience

And yes you are right.

2 Likes

sorry been a little busy today took me a while to find a good pic

4 Likes

new hint this anime has been done before on this thread i forgot

4 Likes

new hint this anime had one season and 12 episodes

2 Likes

But people die when they are killed

2 Likes