Guess that anime thread game

Spy x Family. I’m also watching it. Personally I think its the best currently airing anime.

3 Likes

I’m 150% sure its Spy x Family so I’ll go ahead.

3 Likes

I love her face when she is told there is no bacon. That’s my response too =)

2 Likes

feels bad i instantly recognize this

1 Like

Awww there goes all the edgy screenshots I’ve selected. :stuck_out_tongue:

In was hoping to post more Zack and Rachel before someone figured out. =(

3 Likes

ok fairly easy one for those who have seen it

and @ulzeraj i do this thing where a friend shows up and we watch episode one of everything from a new season or almost everything good and shit and sometimes find shows we didnt think we would like often have fun watching the dumbest garbage which can be memorable for how bad it is

2 Likes

That hair… is that Touma from Index series?

2 Likes

nope

I used to do that with my friend. We’d stock on beer and snacks on Saturdays and watch seasonal crap through the whole afternoon and sometimes some previous title one of us haven’t seen yet. Then there was the virus and I also moved to another country.

I liked Angels of Death. Good thriller and atmosphere. It is based on an indy game it seems so not all game adaptations are terrible. It was okay-ish popular when it aired but people quickly forgot about it. I wasn’t expecting someone to find out right out of the bat.

2 Likes

Yes, you’re 200% right :grin:

The series is just adorable and I agree that it is one of the best (new) ones of the season!

2 Likes

im kinda surprised no one has gotten this yet so hint its a movie and a really fucking good one too with a amazing sound track

2 Likes

this anime has a lot of crazy hair

2 Likes

Ugh, I love Spy x Family so much. It’s the only show I’m watching from this season so far, although my friends have gotten me to watch an episode of of Kongming and RPG不動産. The clips on twitter for ep 1 and the fact that Hoshino Gen did the ending theme got me interested. I’m thinking about reading through the manga when I get a chance.

That looks like Cencoroll? Or at least, it feels like it.

Dang. I’ve for the most part stopped keeping up with seasonal shows (since around 2018—I guess basically around the time I got involved with vtubers) so I don’t exactly know what shows aired that season, but looking at my list Sonny Boy (which I only watched at the end of this March) and Jahy-sama (picked up in September, but still have yet to finish because I’m waiting for GJM) are the only shows I actually ended up watching from that season.

Edit: Looked through the season, I guess I have 2 series, 2 movies and an ONA on my backlog (mainly stuff related to series I’ve watched before).

I guess I can see how episode 1 can give that sort of impression, but Sonny Boy is far from a survival horror, or horror even. It’s been a mostly chill show for me that has a lot of psychological/social themes. At it’s core, it’s just a coming of age story, though.

3 Likes

winner winner

2 Likes

I waited so long for Cencoroll 2, lol.

Good thing I finally got around to fixing my laptop VPN access after moving, otherwise I’d’ve probably had to wait until after I got home to post a screenshot.

4 Likes

This is good to know, changes my perception of the show quite a bit.

These are the shows I watched during Summer 2021, listed by popularity on MAL:

First half of Vanitas - vampire themed and very shounen, but not in a bad way. Although I thought it had a better first half than second.

First half of Realist Rebuilds Kingdom - Fairly standard smart-protag isekai with an overly political theme. Again, I think the first half was slightly better, but still remained fairly consistent throughout.

The first season of Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy (with a second announced), this is probably one of, if not the best Isekai parody from recent seasons.

Remake is a fairly decent drama with mild time travel elements that had a promising start but didn’t really stick the landing. Overall I still enjoyed it.

Spirit Chronicles - bog standard power-fantasy Isekai, not the worst but probably a pass (unless you’re out to watch them all, like I seem to be for whatever reason.)

Link Click - This dongua is undoubtedly my hidden gem of the season and is currently the highest rated non-anime on MAL (and my only 10 from that season other than the second half of To Your Eternity). It’s got a mix of time travel and supernatural elements with a bunch of thriller moments thrown in.

Uramichi Onisan - Adult workplace comedy and probably one of the best in that regard as well. Excellent humor, especially from the children (in the same vein as Bob’s Burgers).

Black Company - Probably my number 2 isekai power-fantasy parody/comedy. Worth watching along with Tsukimichi if you like that sorta thing.

Peachboy Riverside - Unfortunately the director decided post facto to air the episodes out of order and the result was about the same as with Fox and the Firefly series. Good potential squandered away by a confused audience.

Aquatope - This was a pretty decent aquatic-themed drama that unfortunately also suffered from a weaker second half, but not enough to detract from the overall experience. There is also a very interesting supernatural element that just gets dropped completely by the end of the show.

Irregular at Magic HS spinoff - If you watched and enjoyed the camp of the original, then you will undoubtedly enjoy this spin off (just as I did).

Cheat Pharmacist’s Slow Life - Decent iyashikei SoL

Re-main - Sports anime about water polo that jumped the shark too many times and unfortunately couldn’t stick the landing.

Opera Girl - Decent seinen about an all-girls opera school and certainly nowhere near as bad enough to be the least popular show on this list.

So looking back it was a fairly memorable season for me, but at the same time the scores I gave them were on average only a little above my mean. Link Click and To Your Eternity were my standouts.

Quick hint since I’ll be afk for a while. This is a movie, but it has a full length series associated with it. It’s also part of a very big franchise.

2 Likes

Looks like it might be a mahou shoujo, so (taking a guess) is it Madoka?

1 Like

Ah yeah… I wouldn’t be surprised, because those small things could be Kyuubee like creatures. :thinking:
I’ve only seen the original material, so no clue if they did some later variations on that pest.

2 Likes

thinking more digimon

1 Like