GPU-p (vGPU) on AMD Consumer cards?

Sorry if this question has been answered already, in the forum post for GPU-p (2 Gamers 1 GPU with Hyper V GPU-P (GPU Partitioning finally made possible with HyperV)) the person who uploaded it mentioned AMD cards, does this mean that AMD Graphics cards support vGPU under hyper-v? Or is it whole GPU passthrough. Also if it is possible, is there any way to replicate it under Linux using VFIO and open source?

1 Like

AMD vGPU is called MxGPU. They have very few cards that support the technology and I’m not even sure if you can buy them retail or not. Also, MxGPU requires patches as it is not included in the mainline kernel.

Note that AMD 6000 series XT cards support VFIO. They do not have the reset bug from the 5000 series and older cards. The special sauce to get them working is to turn Resizable Bar (Above 4GB Decoding) off.

I’m using an RX480 as my primary Linux display, and a 6700XT passthrough to Windows with Looking Glass. Quite nice for gaming.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.