Good MOBO for a 9590

No overheating doesnt sound very likely.
But with those powersaving feutures enabled, especialy the C1E state and the C6 state,
can cause those freezing issues with a FX9590.
But Cool n Quiet, i would also recommend to disable that.

You might also disable cpu spread spectrum aswell, but you could fiddle arround with that

I was gonna say that it could be heat. But like you said, it should throttle and power off if too extreme, not freeze.

I might be completely off the mark here, but could this be a gpu issue?

Sure could be.

I thought of that too i was going to download HEAVEN but i thought it was very unlikely since in game he would get solid 60 FPS. His CPU is crazy, temps and clock speeds going haywire

Haywire in the sense where they would spike and fall continously for no reason or spike, fall, and stay there for a while before starting to climb back up?
By the way, is the cooler properly installed?

spike and fall continuously. 1GHz up to 5 then drop to 4 then 1 again. same with temps drop and fall. i'm pretty sure its on good although its on air cooling lol he mentioned getting water cooling

The odd clock speeds could be indicative of other things. Does this happen only when gaming or in random things like browsing the web, etc, etc? How about when it's not being used?

Well let him just go into the bios.
Go to advanced tab > cpu configuration.
And disable those options i listed above, C1E and C6 are the 2 main ones.
And check then if it still freezes.

Eventualy disable cpu spread spectrum aswell.

I updated the list cause i was looking at the wrong bios lol.

does it on anything if i remember correctly. Mainly checked at idle with no windows open. MIST he has already disabled the settings you mentioned. He is testing atm

Could you check the utilization rates when the machine is idle? Check the Task Manager to see what processes are causing these wild fluctuations.

I would also recommend running a boot time scan for rootkits and malware/spyware, if not done so yet

4+1 Doubled. The crosshair V Formula Z is a true 8+2

Id go ASUS ROG or the ASROCK.. the ASROCK is a great board

which one is doubled?

The Sabertooth board is doubled

1 Like

well still testing it but from what I see while playing games it stays stable between 4600-4715

Let us know what your test results are. We could be able to help better at that point.

Sabertooth is also not doubled as far as i know.

avoid the ASUS M5A99X EVO. I got 2 of them and one is broken. Not sure if cuz CPU came off socket during heatsink reseating or PCI-E/GPU errors, but I never got it back up. I would pay the extra 100-150 dollar for the top of the like Rampage or Sabertooth just for quality control measures.

he is not have crashing issues at all so far. Its stays at 4.7GHz (is it suppose to idle that high?) the only problem now is that his core usage is still all over the place along with the temps. I ran malwarebytes since i know someone recommended scanning for viruses or malware and it detected 47 threats lol I also want to reformat his drive since i see no possible way that he is using 500 gigs with just 3 games basically.

The gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 is a fantastic motherboard. I used it for a year and it worked great. I would suggest that one.

he already has the asus crosshair