God tier pre-build computer companies

Defending concepts not your own is waste of time. Entertaining, tho. :) Some people will refuse empowerment. Ya, know? You can lead a horse to water but cant make it drink?

1 Like

Well maybe I did take what you said alittle more out of context then Interpreted.
Some of your points are more nonsensical to me, some are still giant generalizations but I guess we are both guilty of that.

I agree with 90% if what you are saying and its why I have thought about 6 friends of mine how to build a PC rather than just do it for them. Old giva fish or teach to fish thing. However I can't fathom how you can't see that there are more benefits for some people then just Instant gratification and convenience fueled by ignorance and laziness. That is a very generalization and unfair comment.

I will just bow out agreeing to disagree. Sorry If I got defensive I was just put off by the insulting Lazy and Unwilling to learn comment that in retrospect was most likely not intended the way it read.

I thank you for helping me kill time today at work. :D there was nothing to do.

1 Like

It's all good. I like a good debate every now and then even if it doesn't lead anywhere. It helps me progress my writing skills and vocabulary. ;)

I agree with you on everything but this, they certainly are not the most expensive, but they are by no means on the low cost side.

Exactly you should embrace people with diffrent opinions as if nothing else you can strengthen your point of view by allowing others to try to tear down your logic.
Works the brain.

Cyberpowerpc/ibuypower are one and the same, and plain awful. The "solidgear" power supplies they use in many of their systems? shudder

System76 is a plain ripoff. Have seem only one of their systems in real life and it was not anything special. I would never ever buy or recommend going pre-built for a gaming computer, but if I had to pick one it would be Alienware. Dell computers are hands down the best mainstream PCs in terms of hardware quality. Just don't expect any support :)

Oh really?

They are Low cost COMPARED to other Pre builders.

Here's proof.

Nice try Alienware employee.

This is not for gaming only work.

Did you see all of the stuff he wrote and research he has done just to prove a point, I think that is good enough lol.

She* Not every PC modder is a dude lol.
but yeah definitely not an Alienware employee.
Just a long time owner who's done a fuckton of research. Check my build log!

Ok first off there is a distinction to be made.

Dell does not make Alienware's PCs, nor is an Alienware a Dell PC.
Alienware is a subsidiary.

People falsely assume that because Alienware is owned by dell, that they are made by dell.
This is false.

Alienware has OEM access, and Dell provides market power to allow Alienware to OEM design their systems.
Alienware has access to OEM GPUs, PSU OEM by Delta Electronics, and other mass/bulk purchase buying power thanks to Dell, but they are not made by dell manufacturing.

Alienware hardware is made by Alienware.
Take one appart and you wont see a single Dell logo or branding on the entire system.
The only reference to Dell is the Windows key label.

And as for customer support, Alienware has AMAZING customer support.
As someone whom has owned, not one or 2 but 4 Alienware systems, in the past 5 years, 3 of which are still around and working, the 4th well that's a long story, Alienware has provided some amazingly good customer service over those years.

One of the reasons you buy an Alienware is for that quality of support.

No pre-built will ever stand up to a computer you make yourself.

Seriously, spill blood while you build the computer, it'll make a bond that you can't break.

That's how I want to believe this rig has lasted me over 6 years.

Agreed!