God tier pre-build computer companies

I guess that sounds pretty much as to what he was saying...

So you then know everything about every subject, and do not need to pay an expert to do anything.
Man I am Impressed bro.

if you logic were true there would be no point to be come a professional at any trade. As your services are really only needed by lazy unmotivated people.
Come off it allready.

Did I strike a nerve?

That's not my point, and you know it. You don't have to know everything about computers in order to build PCs for specific tasks. These things aren't as complicated or time consuming as you're making them out to be.

I understand some people simply cannot spare the time researching computer parts. In that case, you can come to forums such as these and people will help you. That is, after all, one of the many purposes of Tek Syndicate. After receiving your recommended parts list from the many talented system builders on TS, you could then jump over on YouTube and follow this video step-by-step: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Js2A1qdB8

Easy as pie. No need to pay an "expert" for something you can do yourself.

I agree, the sales they have can make them nearly comparable to building it yourself. plus they have some of the best customization options on each of their systems. Im planning on buying a laptop from them when i go back to school.

I have seen some work done by Digital Storm and they make absolutely beautiful systems and do an outstanding job on presentation. I would not personally use them since I have no need for water cooling or the high end workstation/gaming PC's they build.

1 Like

Not really, I am just sick of the "PC Master Race attiude."
Really that is your point. Because you are an Expert in this area, you have that attiude.
Time is money. Some times its a better option for people to pay an expert to do somthing then to do it them self.
You know you made mistakes your first PC build.
Some people would rather pay a few extra hundred buck to do 0 hours of labor, and have a perfect machine, with a warrenty and customer support.
Some people would rather save money, learn about PC's and support there own machine.

Here is a build that Tek Syndicate did for Eric S. Raymond.
I guarentee this guy knows 10x the knowledge you will ever know about computing.
But I guess he is just lazy and unwilling to learn.

I would commission a build from SingularityComputers.

1 Like

System76 has to be by far my favorite pre-builts. I plan to get their Galago sometime this year to replace my aging machine. They just came out with a NUC not too long ago. I'd like the Tek to review a few of their units if possible.

1 Like

Alienware.

Having owned their hardware, and experiencing their customer service and how fantastic it is, as well as how long lasting Alienware hardware has been for me.

Alienware would get my dollar the fastest.

They are also one of the lowest costing prebuilt PC builders too.
Other prebuilders can have jawdroppingly insane prices, even compared to Alienware.

Alienware is my pick, my choice, I constantly consider getting a PC from them again.

Digital storm is a good company even Logan speaks good things about them. My 1st gaming PC was a cyberpower my experience wasn't bad, but after a couple YouTube videos and mobo manual over view could have build it myself. Which would have saved me extra $300.

If I needed a workstation with support team/warranty definitely would look into a custom build company.

It's always better to switch hard drives and send the system back for repair. While you using your backup to make a living off of.

Know a few hardcore games that use a one off custom personal build, and do web design on a system builder workstation.

Gaming? Build your own. Making a living? Maybe a build company be better for you in the long run.

It's like having business Dell support on a personal level. Just my 2 cents

1 Like

I used my Alienware laptops when working for google.
Their customer service was a godsend.

They go above and beyond expectation and I feel spoiled by their customer service.
Price is kinda irrelevant when your job is on the line and the company treats you like gold.

Well it seems that people love to debate on things... Which I rather just have them telling me what they like or is the best, and not why would anyone want to get one pre-built.

You don't have time to order 7 parts?

Nope. I have a busy job that I always need a working computer for so I can't spend time building one. I have built a bunch before but after awhile I got bored, I sooner get a built one then customize it later. And I usually go there for servers, not workstations.

PC master race? Where in my posts have I said anything about "PC master race?" We're discussing pros and cons of building it yourself vs paying someone else to do it for you. Has nothing to do with "PC master race."

No. No, it is not. You're just being irrational and assume these things.

You're right. Time is money. Think of all the money people could save if they devoted time to building their PC themselves.

Actually, I didn't. You know why? Because I'm not lazy or incompetent. I sought out tech forums on my own initiative for advice. I took their advice, did some research myself, and then built my PC. My PC has served my needs well. With my budget, I couldn't have done better at the time.

That's called convenience. It's not necessary, but the option is there. That doesn't mean people are unable to do these things themselves. They can do it; they simply choose not to.

This is different. This video was posted to help generate web traffic and to present the TS community with insight from someone who is very knowledgeable in Mr. Raymond's particular field of work. He could have easily built it himself, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't deny that fact.

Your arguments are unconvincing and hold little merit. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing. When you can present me with a compelling reason as to why someone should buy a pre-built instead of building it themselves, then I'll be more than happy to listen.

It's like arguing that you need to go to a mechanic every time you need a tune up. You don't need to pay an expert to change your oil or replace the brake pads on your car. These things can easily be done by the vehicle's owner. The same is true for building a PC. In fact, I'd argue building a PC is easier and less time consuming. But that's besides the point, as far as I can see, pre-builts serve no purpose other than instant gratification.

I gave my opinion on the matter. That's what you asked for. I'm not going to stand by while someone attempts to trash my thoughts on a matter. I'm going to defend it. Would you not do the same?

You're contradicting yourself. You don't have time to order 7 parts and slap together a PC, yet you have the time to make excuses, order a pre-built, and customize it. It's a matter of priority and choice my friend.

It's very obvious through your labeling of anyone who wants to prioritize there time with learning other skills than PC Hardware, as Lazy and Unwilling to learn. This type of generalization is not healthy for any situation.

I may be misinterpreting you posts but they all have come off as labeling all Custom PC makers as unneeded services and only stupid lazy people would be foolish enough to go to them.

Think of the money some one can Make in the time they saved not having to put hours into building there PC. I know a graphic artist who makes around ~250 an hour for his projects when he is working.
Paying some one an extra 300 premium on top of the cost of parts is a no brainier when He can make near a thousand using that time doing his profession.

Really In all your time building PC's you never made a mistake?
I think 99% of the IT people I know learn about PC's by making mistakes and then fixing them.
It must be nice to be a flawless individual.

Yes because there is professional support available for those who build there own PCs. Some times having support and warranty on your PC for security and peace of mind is worth it.

Look in to the building of that Workstation, there were many people smarter than you and me, debating at length on what to do.

They build 12 different systems tested them all.
Mr. Raymond did not have access to all that hardware to build all those machines and then decide which was perfect for his needs.

No one could do that unless you had all the hardware on hand. Like IDK a custom PC shop who could build 10+ machines run your workload on it and then determine what is the best.

You're opinion was trashing everyone who goes to a Custom PC shop, by calling them "Lazy and unwilling to learn"
Do you not expect a rebuttal to such a stereotyping statement?

Only thing I agree with, It is a matter of priority. His priority is to value other things over building a PC. Who are you to belittle his prioritization of his time, when it does not 100% comply with your POV.

PC master race is nothing more than satire. It's a label given to those that "hate" on console gaming. This has nothing to do with pre-builts versus self-built. My generalizations are far healthier than yours. Why? Because mine apply to the topic at hand. They're relevant generalizations.

Indeed you are misinterpreting. There is no NEED to pay people to do something you can do yourself. I've said it once, and I'll say it again. It's all about the convenience and instant gratification...not NEED. And yes, generally speaking, pre-built PCs aren't necessary. And I never said people who go to custom builders are stupid. Now you're putting words in my mouth and taking things out of context. Lazy/unwilling and stupid are completely different things.

You can build a PC in less than an hour. It doesn't take 4 hours to build a PC. It took me about 45 minutes to put my first PC together. So, technically, that dude you claim you know could instead save himself $50 by building it himself.

No, I didn't make a mistake when I first built my PC. With my budget, the parts I decided to go with were the best for the job at the time. I even asked for second opinions before finally pulling the trigger to make sure I didn't make any mistakes. And you can drop the sarcastic BS. No, I'm not perfect by any means. I never claimed to be. But you don't need to be perfect and omniscient to build a fucking PC. It's a PC, man! I'm not asking you to determine the universe's origin.

You get warranties and support with self-built PCs as well. I fail to see your point. In fact, the warranties with self-built PCs are modular. You don't have to send in the entire computer if one of your HDDs fail. You simply RMA it and continue working.

Or you know...he could have just asked the thousands of people right here on the forums for help. Instead, the TS team decided to capitalize on the opportunity to interview Mr. Raymond. Like I said, they made a video to generate views and to provide the community with unique content. In my opinion, the things you're arguing do not warrant the $300+ premium that custom PC shops charge. Which brings us back to my original point, all the things you're describing aren't NECESSARY.

Yes, I do expect a reply. That's generally what people do when they disagree with something someone says. Furthermore, that wasn't a reply to you. That was clearly meant for the OP. If you took the time to read my posts thoroughly, you would understand this. In fact, if you read for understanding, you wouldn't still be debating my opinion on the subject.

I'm someone on the Internet with an opinion. That gives me every right to disagree with someone else. Whether or not you take offense to what I say, well that's your problem. Grow some thicker skin, bud.

just go to @Satanist666 he can build you a 400 dollar super computer for only 2k

1 Like

Read my comment lol, this is what I did not want it to turn into :P

It's fine. It happens. Just a little back and forth. Nothing wrong with arguing our thoughts on the matter. I'll stop though. This "debate" is rather useless. I should have recognized it earlier. Just banging my head against the wall and not getting through to anyone. :)

2 Likes