Goalkeepers DragonFlyBSD Adventures

Wait, is that only just the installer?
Does it take 2 weeks to even start installing BSD? No wonder it hasn’t taken over yet…

3 Likes

Just going to let the system decide on the partitioning. 16 Giggly-bytes of swap tho does seem like a lot. But oh well.

5 Likes

Once you type installer an ncurses(?) menue comes up. And then it’s just a matter of following the prompts.

3 Likes

If it’s just on a HDD, I wouldn’t worry about the swap being there, I don’t see how you could fill the other 450GB if available space, unless BSD can now run actual games, and/ or media?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a… something HDD. I swore I stuck my old 320GB 5400rpm hitachi in here tho. But maybe I put in a 500GB drive. :thinking:

3 Likes

Media should work just fine. As for games, I do not know. I think someone got just the steam application running a while back, but couldn’t play games on it.

Supertuxkart works on BSD tho.

3 Likes

It’s been at 55% for the past 3 minutes. I’m starting to get concerned. Lol. The CD drive is making noise tho. So maybe the installer is just constipated.

5 Likes

It’s now been 6 minutes

4 Likes

Yess! Jumped from 55% to 63%. Only took like 7 minutes.

4 Likes

Install finished, did the configuring and now rebooting.

5 Likes

Wow. I ducked up somewhere.

Now I have to go back and reinstall.

Le sigh.

6 Likes

Maybe I was supposed to select one of the partitions to be bootable???

:thinking:

5 Likes

Booting off of a CD is horrible!!!

4 Likes

Well, I guess quality over quantity?

I’ll check back in 2020 when you have a desktop running :grin:

4 Likes

Pretty cool feature.

If I was supposed to mark a partition as bootable, then I can get that done via “configure an installed system” option… at least that should happen. That’s what I imagine it’s there for.

4 Likes

Life lesson I learnt early:
Always be aware of where you stick your hard “drive”

4 Likes

Thank you. Please do. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

“Configure an installed system” doesn’t allow for the modification of partitions and such. So instead I used the “live cd utilities menue” and selected the hd to have bootblocks installed.

If this doesn’t work, I’ll redo the install while reading the install guide.

2 Likes

Cool. Now what? Lol. :sob: I should have RTFM . :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Pressing F1 just makes the system beep! :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::sob::sob::sob:

6 Likes

Now I’m reinstalling. The install guide by Dragonflybsd was shit. Following this video tutorial instead.

3 Likes