Goalkeepers DragonFlyBSD Adventures

Media should work just fine. As for games, I do not know. I think someone got just the steam application running a while back, but couldn’t play games on it.

Supertuxkart works on BSD tho.

3 Likes

It’s been at 55% for the past 3 minutes. I’m starting to get concerned. Lol. The CD drive is making noise tho. So maybe the installer is just constipated.

5 Likes

It’s now been 6 minutes

4 Likes

Yess! Jumped from 55% to 63%. Only took like 7 minutes.

4 Likes

Install finished, did the configuring and now rebooting.

5 Likes

Wow. I ducked up somewhere.

Now I have to go back and reinstall.

Le sigh.

6 Likes

Maybe I was supposed to select one of the partitions to be bootable???

:thinking:

5 Likes

Booting off of a CD is horrible!!!

4 Likes

Well, I guess quality over quantity?

I’ll check back in 2020 when you have a desktop running :grin:

4 Likes

Pretty cool feature.

If I was supposed to mark a partition as bootable, then I can get that done via “configure an installed system” option… at least that should happen. That’s what I imagine it’s there for.

4 Likes

Life lesson I learnt early:
Always be aware of where you stick your hard “drive”

4 Likes

Thank you. Please do. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

“Configure an installed system” doesn’t allow for the modification of partitions and such. So instead I used the “live cd utilities menue” and selected the hd to have bootblocks installed.

If this doesn’t work, I’ll redo the install while reading the install guide.

2 Likes

Cool. Now what? Lol. :sob: I should have RTFM . :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Pressing F1 just makes the system beep! :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::sob::sob::sob:

6 Likes

Now I’m reinstalling. The install guide by Dragonflybsd was shit. Following this video tutorial instead.

3 Likes

No, that’s a full BSD install :joy:

4 Likes

Hopefully the install goes well this time. I don’t think that I will have the will to live to do another install. Staring at the display read 55% for minutes makes me want to irl commit anon.

3 Likes

Man. It’s almost 11 o’clock. I started this project at like 9:30.

1 Like

In the video, after the install is finished the guy gets a screen that asks him where he wants to install bootblocks. I get no such screen. Just one that asks if I want to configure the system.

I don’t think this install is going to end well either. :stuck_out_tongue: since everything that he did in the video is what I did. Except for being able to select bootblocks from that menue. Maybe now it’s done automatically.

I’m commiting anon.

7 Likes