Gigabyte MW34SP0 Motherboard

Am I right, that:

1. Rev 1.0 only support Bios F05 and therefor only 12th Intel CPUs. Also the firmware above F05 fixes a lot of issues
  2. Does the new firmware of the BMC fixes the known issues, or do I need the rev 1.1 board?
  3. If you have the rev1.0 it is better not to unplug the power if you add new hardware like a m.2 card.
  4. If you have problems with rev1.0 unplug the power and wait a day. If this doesn’t help, clear cmos.
  5. Does all rev 1.0 boards has the problem?
  6. @LiamGigaComputing When will rev1.1 boards a availible and how long do we have to wait for the new board if we send the old board to you? Days? Weeks?
2 Likes

Think I can help with some of those Qs:

1. They released F10 BIOS which is for 1.0 & 1.1 boards.
  2. I think BMC firmware is also same for both boards.
  3. No idea, but generally I would unplug a computer if I am adding hardware.
  4. If your board has this problem you should RMA it right now - this is unacceptable behaviour for a 500$/€ enterprise-y motherboard in 2022/3. My first board had this problem, my RMA replacement was fine.
  5. No, see 4.
    6 Would also like to know!
2 Likes

@n.3 the sooner we know how many boards are needed and in which region then we can do our production run.

Please share the quantity and your region, I assume EU or US.

1 board, EU

1 board, EU

1 board, EU

1 board, EU.
But I have already sent it to your RMA department in europe (OGS Europe B.V.) last week and I am waiting to hear from them.
My contact is Betty from [email protected]
Can you let them know ?

Hello!
My board behaves strange as well in Europe.

Btw I notice there is a BMC update it says 13.04.15 but it still contains files dated from 2022 and has a folder called 130412
hmm
BR!

@NinTrance @Ardillon @happyone @TOMO1982 @bezeria
Please email me your contact info: [email protected]
Needed: your name, address, and email.

2 Likes

1 board, EU.

I’m also in contact with Betty and get an RMA number. As compensation, a pre-exchange would be very good. The reason is, that actually my server is running but I have to add new NICs etc. and this is tricky. A minimum downtime is more then needed.

@TOMO1982 thanks for the answers and the hint with the F10 version. It is only shown an the englisch webseit. On the german website F05 is the latest version for rev1.0.

@n.3 If you would like to RMA it, then please email me your contact info and share serial # and RMA #.

The new firmware F10 is now availible for the rev1.0, so it will be able to use the Intel Core i5 13400 without any problems, right?

That should be fine, the VRMs should be more than enough for that CPU on boost. I am using Rev1.0 with F10 and i7-13700K , I have not checked VRM temps but I had all 8 p-cores at 100% for a little while and there were no problems. But this is not really a good test of long term stability at load of course.

To me it’s still strange that BMC file (latest download from Gigabyte) contains 130412 when it says 130415 on download page.
I’ve checked other similar products from Gigabyte and it’s the same.
BMC is currently one of mine issues.
Sending Truenas shut down it just reboots.
And as everyone knows disconnecting psu will need a at least 30min untill it will start again.
I’ve
" Please email me your contact info: [email protected]
Needed: your name, address, and email."

I’ve done that
next he says
email RMA number
How do I get that?
I’m confused

Below are our local reps in the U.S. and Europe regions that can assist in the process and they are aware of this specific topic, so you can email our local rep along with creating a support ticket. esupport.gigabyte.cm
Regional contacts:
EU (Netherlands): gerry.cheng at bestyield.c
m
US (LA): aaron.wang at eip.gigabyte.c*m

Open a ticket and write a mail to gerry or aaron. The will send you a excel where you write your sn and personal infos and then you get a RMA.

Look at the orginal post above. I can’t post links, to I edit and you will recoginze the right website and emails.

Has anyone received a response from Liam after sending him a email ?

@LiamGigaComputing
Did you recieve my email? Because I just received my board from OGS Europe B.V. and the BMC problem is still present even though they said the board was repaired. They just put a “Rev 1.1” sticker on it, but the serial number is the same LOL

I also updated the BMC firmware to version 13.04.15 but no change

WAT? :rofl:

I have a lable maker - can I upgrade to a Rev 1.2 board? :smirk:

Are there no hardware differences for Rev1.1 boards - no VRM ‘upgrade’ for 13th Gen K CPUs? So the message on their website " However, revision 1.1 boards are recommended for the 13th gen K/KF series CPUs due to power limitations." is BS? Or did OGS Europe make an unofficial sticker? Can you post a picture?

1 Like

The sticker is just a little beneath the capacitor, but the capa seems to be the exact same than before…

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: hmmmm

Liam said they need to do a new production run so wouldn’t they properly print Rev1.1 onto the board? The sticker seems a little suspect to me ¯\(ツ)