DDU INTEL and NVIDIA drivers
reinstall the Intel iGPU driver
Reboot
Clean install the Tesla Driver
Reboot
Modify the Registry
Reboot
Re-add the Nvidia control panel in graphics options

also the Registry entry EnableMsHybrid is case sensitive and make sure you give it a value of 1 and make sure you delete adapter type registry

3 Likes

will do this now and let you know

I have an Asrock AB350 Pro4, with a Ryzen 1600 installed. Instead of replacing the CPU with an APU, can I use another GPU along with the Tesla K40? I have an AMD 2GB 380, but I guess I can buy another GPU.

Thank you GigaBuster for this.

2 Likes

Hello again I followed the steps as stipulated but now the registers moved the gpu to 0002 and when I follow the steps I get hit with code 43 and I’m running on baremetal

Only do 0001 not 0002

Remove the Tesla then DDU all drivers
Reinstall Intel reboot
Shut down
Install Tesla and driver
Reboot
Modify registry
Reboot

1 Like

So far I’ve only tested with a APU, I’ll try with a dedicated card when I get to the office

2 Likes

I had mine working how I showed you with the gt710 and gridk2… but haven’t ran a bench yet, but it presented like you said it should. Sorry geeking out over mass effect release shortly… preloading now…or I’d spin it up now. That also had the motherboard gpu…but was very old and couldnt support 1920x1080 lol

2 Likes

also make sure you are on the latest windows update build 20H2

3 Likes

I’m not saying I just ordered the TESLA M40… but it’ll go really well in my DELL server :slight_smile:

I found K-80 locally for about 140 USD (double k-40)
I will check if it works with my motherboard tomorrow and if it does I will buy it and try to follow this guide,
Even if it will not work this way, it will be calculation beast!

1 Like

Nice one, thank you!

1 Like

So you had it working with a GT 710? How did you do it?

1 Like

K80 is actually not just double K40. It’s GK210; and the only card to ever use that respin. GK210 has doubled registers and SMX shared memory (512KB/128KB) over GK110 (256KB/64KB). GK210 is also stripped down to 13 SMXs (2496) instead of 15 (2880).

You may have some unexpected issues getting it operating as a proper dual GPU for visual purposes, but as a data cruncher it should be great.

1 Like

I haven’t checked if PhysX works on kepler teslas but you could dedicate the second card to PhysX as well if SLI doesn’t work out

I just saw the video and tried it on my spare K20Xm. No problems installing the tesla drivers and device being detected in device manager. Then i fillip the registry entries and restart and get the code 43 error. I saw cyberpunk also having similar issues on a K20 as well but does anyone think of a reason why this cant be done on a K20 but works fine on a K40?

Also forgot to mention that in GPU-Z the UEFI box is not checked. Could this be the reason why?

You can try instead of deleting adapter type changing it’s value to something else there were a few guides that suggested this but it didn’t work on the k40, I think 2,3 or 4 were some values you can try
Can you post a screen shot of the registry page you changed

Saw the video, thought it might be a nice $100 to get a slight boost over my 980 and maybe for some playing with AI.

Nope, price tripled. :rofl:

Hopefully mining will die down, flood the used market and we all won’t be ordering bigmacs with doge coin in 5 years because the dollar collapsed

4 Likes

Well that was awesome advice. I changed adapter type to 4 and it got rid of the code 43 error in device manager. But I went to add the GeForce control panel in display settings and the Tesla is not available. Also in GPU-Z the direct compute box is still not checked. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this? Thanks for all your help GigaBuster.

Okay try reinstalling the radeon drivers with the factory reset checked, reboot, reinstall Tesla driver with clean install checked, reboot, delete adapter type, Enabled hybrid, reboot
In that order
And also try with the 4 on adapter type if it doesn’t work

If not then idk what’s going on I don’t have a k20 or k20X to mess with