Gaming, on my Tesla, more likely than you think

I don’t have 2 identical tesla’s to try

might have to try this myself with a waterblock…

No “shouldn’t” be, but I could be wrong

As far as I know 12GB needs 16GB of bar space due to the way it’s calculated

1 Like

One thing to note, current Teslas run on custom silicon instead of that crappy Nvidia stuff… :stuck_out_tongue:

So if you want to replicate the above, make sure your Tesla is from before 2019 to be sure.

… different tesla, be sure to read OP before posting

7 Likes

Every time I see this thread, I think the car as well.

7 Likes

Wow. I didn’t expect this. ebay prices are already around 300$ and only a few are left. What the hell happened!?!!

1 Like

The video is live. And it hit floatplane/patreon early, right? So by the time it hits YouTube, eBay pricing is rekt.

2 Likes

I think miners found it a week or so ago, nothing is sacred

3 Likes

Bloody heck, and here I thought the thread was about converting the infotainment/AI system from an actual Nvidia based Tesla car into a gaming machine :grin:

Given the sky-high prices of GPUs approaching a used Tesla EV, I wouldn’t have been that far off, either. But whatever, nothing to see here!

1 Like

Folding at home and gaming never shot up above 180w on the Tesla M40, heat wasn’t too bad with the cooling pictured above

They are decent render cards for adobe and blender ad well as folding at home even without the registry hack

Refuse to look into mining on these

3 Likes

Ug yup, prices on these went up and now people are selling the fan adapters. Lol :laughing: yahoooo
Video came out great!

1 Like

Gigabuster warned everyone to get in before the video went live. I saw an M40 for $140 just last week, likely the last one to sell so low. I hope the guys over at overclock.net don’t get too bent up over this since they were taking advantage of cheap cards to work on mods/QoL to get the cards more usable.

1 Like

Looks like the $99.99 ebay listing is popping off. I know I’ll be back for some noob questions when I get my “Khiton” build going.

I wanted to buy like 3 more m40’s for my upcoming 3960X machine :sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

Wow! This is great work! Thank you for sharing… I have Threadripper 2990WX, on Asus X399 Prime MB paired with Nvidia GT710 ( :frowning: )… is there any change of linking the with K80 ? I know that nobody will be sure, but are there any chances? I found one on local used market for about 250-300 USD…

1 Like

I’ll take a look tomorrow but you don’t really want to get a K80 as I don’t know if SLI will work, K80 is two weaker GPUS on the same board, K40’s are still around 120$

I don’t know if I’d pay 160$ though

1 Like

Thank you… agreed about K80 dual GPU architecture not ideal, at least at games… I guess I could use it outside of gaming maybe… I am from czech republic, so there are not much k40 on local market, but I get your point. I will keep looking. Any chance trying NVIDIA + NVIDIA combo? Unfortunatelly 710 is the only GPU that can be bought ( and I have it :smiley: )

1 Like

you can also check for M40 if its not an insane price, america prices are high right now but maybe yours aren’t
M4, M6, P4, P6 are also decent Tesla’s but you don’t want to pay too much for them

2 Likes

Hello

Im trying to get an NVIDIA Tesla k20m to work but im not getting the option to select it as the high performance gpu only my Intel hd.

i first ddud my 1070ti drivers. removed it then installed the tesla and its drivers. rebooted and then edited the registry and rebooted again. but im staill not getting the option.

by the way the driver tesla driver that i get from nvidia is only 462.31

My specs are as follows.
i7- 8700
16GB of ram
GIGABYTE B360 AORUS GAMING wifi motherboard
CMS disabled
UEFI install of windows
4G decoding enabled
1000wat psu
active cooling fans on the tesla

2 Likes