Gaming, on my Tesla, more likely than you think

Hey mate Carlos is having issues running vulkan Bethesda games where prey is the only one running properly you ran into issues running wolfenstien with you’re tesla m40 or doom 2016

I haven’t ran either of those games
I’ve noticed that some opengl games like Minecraft wont run on the Tesla if you have a amd card in, but if you have an Nvidia itll work fine

Okay to open gl will seem the and driver and only that if the and card is plugged in

hey, sorry i was busy with some school work, ill try later on today and tell you!

Capture
still shows this, but there is a bios setting called MMCFG which has some settings i might mess around with and see if it changes.

Linux guide

Hey what driver are you using and have youdeleted the adapter type if so don’t make sure the card installproperly and disable the p620 in device manager and ddu the drivers and install 472.12 driver and see if that gets the card working

i havent deleted the adapter type, i will try this driver and uninstall the quadro now.

Hey, I’m building a PC right now, a few weeks ago I stumbled across the vid about tesla’s, looked on ebay, and sniped a k20c for 65 dollars. With a gigabyte b460m would this work out?

Try and see if it’s got above 4G decoding options in bios, I can take a look at the Mobo manual in a bit

hi,i have a question ,if use Tesla Card it can show “above 4G decoding” , if not use Tesla Card it can`t show “above 4G decoding” ? ? ?

just checked now, my adapter type isnt there, what should i do?

i am back again :slight_smile:

yesterday i got a dirt cheap prebuilt pc thinking i should put my tesla into that and make a cheap gaming pc. Now i installed the tesla in the case with my old 750 watt psu and turned on the pc. now i got the code 12 error message in device manager.
I tried solving it with updating the bios and disabled CSM. now it is a prebuilt so it hasn’t above 4gb decoding.
This is the prebuild pc: M93p Desktop (ThinkCentre) - Type 10A7

maybe someone has some suggestions to try.

kind regards,
Gabriël

Above 4g decoding is an absolute requirement

okay then i will scrap that idea :slight_smile: then i put it back into my main system

You just gave me an idea though, you know how you could flash early 480 4GB into 8BG models

If we could do the opposite here then barspace won’t be much of a problem
Probably isn’t a way to flash them without nvidias credentials though

Export the BIOS. Inspect it with amibcp. The above 4G decoding option SHOULD be in there - make it visible or change it’s default value. Modify it and flash it back. You may need a USB flash programmer - but it’s definitely possible.

I’ve done this on a regular consumer board before and actually messed up a K20X that was working perfectly before.

If you look for “Manual Modding of an AMI Aptio BIOS”, you can find some more info.

Sweet- the m40 was exactly what I was looking for. $150 for the components and about $100 for the k20x- still feels like a steal for both of them. Replaced thermal paste and it took about 10C off high temps. Only a couple hours in, but feels very solid so far. Even better news is the k20x is going to my brother to do what it’s supposed to- folding proteins for viral research. Overclocked to the m40 to max default afterburner settings and left memory clock alone and it’s pretty much full 60 fps at 1080p. I think it’s at 1225 MHz or so.

my K40c is showing, but it has a triangle next to it, (code 10). Im trying to passthrough using my Quadro P620. What do i do?
Capture

Hey man been ill sorry for not getting back to you which driver are you using and have you tried installing the data center drivers to make sure you’re card is working okay and try putting the tesla in you’re top slot directly to the cpu or to the chipper slot and see if that helps at all mate