Games that you play a lot that other people don't even know the existence of?

Games that you played and loved that most of your friends don't even know the existence of.
Mine are Ratz Instagib, Nuclear Throne and Rampage Knights.

1 Like

tried that

then I found xonotic

got a steam refund

4 Likes

It's essentially the same thing, just with a little more mechanics to it. I'd personally still prefer Ratz.

The game of silence. I know that a lot of people don't know this game but I've been playing it on and off since I was born and I'm a master at it. The trick to a clean win is talk only when necessary and you know what you're talking about.

Jokes aside, it is only video games or board games counts too?

2 Likes

Warframe, Elie Dangerous

5 Likes

Postal 2 and saint's row 4 never get the love they deserve. I feel.

5 Likes

Duty Calls: The Calm Before The Storm

3 Likes

i still play call of duty phantoms its a free game. i was looking for a halloween game to play i might try evil within finally or finally play all the way through silent hill 2

Not so much an unknown game, just a game that is discarded out of hand for no real reason other than jokes on reddit.

Euro Truck Simulator 2.

It sounds really silly you just drive a truck around Europe. But it is a very good game and quite difficult to actually play right but just great fun to play and bit loose with. And the mods are pretty amazing too. Probably more then doubled the map size now and way more.

4 Likes

Board games count too, I've been looking into getting into them, i'd be glad to hear your suggestions!

1 Like

The game I wanted to talk about is called Munchkin. It's an RPG game card-based that's a parody of other RPG games, but mostly a parody of D&D. The cards are hilarious and there are only a few rules. Other than that players have a lot of freedom (like in D&D for example), they can team up to stop other players from winning, bribe to get some help and so on. I really suggest it to all of the D&D fans beccause they'll get all the references throughout the game to D&D and other RPG games. For players that do not know D&D it's still a lot of fun too because of it's freedom.

4 Likes

I'll definitely try it out, seems really cool for a newbie board game player. Thanks for your suggestion.

1 Like

You're welcome! What I told you are the basics of the game and my feelings about it.
I forgot to mention that the game is really long to play. If you're five people one game will take about two hours or more.

1 Like

Glad to know there's another Tenno out there lol

3 Likes

Tomba! and Tomba! 2: The evil swine return. Many an hour of my childhood was dedicated to these games.

3 Likes

One more to your list. Don't worry. There are a good few of us here.

Besides Warframe, I did play a good bit of Blacklight Retribution on PS4 but stopped when I acquired other games. Don't know if the game is still alive or not. Heard it was dead on PC due to devs abandoning the platform.

Spent many hours on 007: Everything or Nothing when it came out.

2 Likes

Paganitz 1 and 3(2 i i didn't like), Dreamweb(despite content being cut) probably more but i don't keep a list of what other people know or play.

Dreamweb is nice to replay in Dosbox. Has some nice cyberpunk vibe from atop. Its from 1994.
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/363/DreamWeb.html

1 Like
  • Orwell its new but not much was said about it. I would call it a visual novel more than a game but you can "fail"

• Uplink: hacker elite is a fun game...to me

• Homeworld 1 & 2, I would think more people would know about it... but I get blank stares more often than not

• Team buddies for the PS1.... it is one of the best games I have ever played as a kid. Can't say why, but I love it.

• Syndicate for the PS3 (well I have the ps3 copy) is a pretty fun game... yes I wanted more of the classic game but I though what the fps has was interesting. Not ground breaking in anyway, but I would like to see another attemt at a Syndicate FPS

1 Like

Bulletstorm.
You get extra points for more violent and creative kills. Really funny script.
I have replayed BS at least 7 times.

Flatout: Ultimate Carnage.
Racing where cheating is encouraged. Crashes recharge your turbo.
Whenever I show n00bs my PC, this is the game they enjoy the most. The previous FO1 & FO2 were awesome LAN party racers. FO:UC is FO2 with better graphics but it has the dreaded GFWL.

5 Likes

Endless Sky, it's like Elite Dangerous but in 2D.

1 Like