Games like Stalker?

the arma mod though, not the standalone

chosen cheeki, you must ring the 2 blyats and remove kebab to fulfill the undead prophesy....

1 Like

They actually created a GREAT opening for this with Last Light.

The Metro 2 line.....still unexplored.

1 Like

The newest game from from: Dark Squats

sneak peek of concept art for the first boss:

6 Likes

I don't get it...

urbex/stalker DS spinoff would have heavy slav/russian influences.

Some Stalker mods are actually pretty cool and add a lot of "fun" to the game.

I've played Metro for about half an hour when I was visiting a cousin. Doesn't really compare to Stalker except partially the setting and the paranormal stuff.

Now that you've mentioned nazi outposts, a stalkerish experience in a Wolfenstein game would be a win in my book. It would be a more ghoulish and mystery driven game (as opposed to science and shit).

@tkoham a nuuuuuuuuu

cheeki breeki cheeki breeki cheeki breeki

3 Likes

look me in the eyes and tell me you wouldn't preorder.

You wouldn't preorder a car! (edit: scratch that, I forgot about Tesla...)
Games are business. Never ever preorder. Marketing is there to create a tension that can only be relieved by purchase. You're just buying to get rid of the stress of not being able to buy something you imagine would be cool if it existed. Of course when it does get made (5 years later), it's usually shit and you forgot that you preordered it anyway because in that time you've made 15 more preorders and are hyped for the latest one.

Having said that... yes, I would probably preorder.

lol aint that always the way?

1 Like

Yes.
But don't worry, it's gonna get much worse.

1 Like

I can safely say I'm clean, never made a preorder in my life.

Same here. But then again, I do have only a couple of games on Steam. I mostly pirate or play the free ones.

only acceptable to bypass region locking or to play a game you own that is broken because of DRM

Or if you are poor and can't really afford most games... God knows i can't throw stones...

If you can afford it, buy the games you like. With all the deals and sales and stuff, i have like 50 games already, and i only buy less than 10 euro... It's funny how i got 7 games last week for 11 euro... If you can afford it - pay for your entertainment.

Also I think you have some of that good storytelling nostalgia. But that probably wore off when you played fallout 4.

3 Likes

I was disappointed in the story for Fallout 4.

It's like they forgot everything that was good about Fallout New Vegas. I like the new engine because it feels more like a shooter, and is thus more fun (to me) but they forgot how to tell a good story.

I don't game as much now but this is exactly what I do. Back in a time before Steam, we had to either go to a LAN gaming club (pay per hour; popularity of these started to go down after 2005/2006), pay for a physical copy of the game (no return if you don't like the game), and third choice was pirate. Relative to western coutries, my country has cheaper education, real estate, electricity and water. But taxes are higher, quality food is expensive, almost everything else is shit quality (compared to the same stuff in the west) but the prices are either equal to or higher than in the west. Businesses are hard to start, average salary is less than 400 euro, unemployment high... I mostly bought games as gifts to friends. They did so too.

Prices of games are dictated by country of origin. To you, one of those games might account to 0.5-1% of monthly salary. To me it didn't make sense to waste 5-10% of our monthly salary on something you might not even like or be able to run smoothly on your configuration. Steam makes this much better but certain friends of mine still don't understand why I have such high praise for Gaben. Don't worry, I plan to buy all the games I enjoyed at some point, when I have the means. In fact it might be pretty soon. I know it doesn't help the devs anymore (since I'll mostly be buying old stuff) but hey... better late then never.

Not the same people. Fallout 3 and 4 developed by Bethesda, New Vegas was developed by Obsidian. Huuuuge difference. This is a must watch:

1 Like

Nowdays everyone have a PC at home... I miss those. Not so much for the multiplayer, as for the human contacts...

1 Like