FX-8320 vs i5-4670k

unless you specifically tell it to...........

Get the 8320 and a GTX 770. That will be about the same price as the i5 and the GTX 760.

I totaly agree with this. ☺

Especialy for gaming + Streaming, like i allready said some posts back. AMD FX 8 cores do a realy good job in streaming, and they are also cheaper.

Unless he is playing games like DayZ lol. ARMA and lol. these games in particular favours intel per core performance, cause these games are bad optimized to use multiple core's. But most today´s and upcomming gen of games, are optimized to use multiple core´s like we allready see in BF4. And in those games, the AMD FX 8 cores realy gonne do a decent job in streaming while gaming.

I advice against AMD chips and nVidia GPU's (go AMD-AMD, or Intel-whatever), that's just my SUBJECTIVE opinion (no reason, apart from abd experience with that sorts of combinations and green GPU's in general, but, anyways).

Whatever you do, buy good motherboard, don't buy anything bellow 150$/euros. Another advice. I rpefer ASUS, but in that price range, all boards SHOULD be good. Also, GPU's, i would go with ASUS or MSI.

Personaly, i would avoid Gigabyte at all cost for gaming PC, but that's just me.

Looka t alla dvices as subjective, not objective things.

It doesnt matter if you pair AMD cpu with Nvidia GPU or Intel cpu with AMD GPU. Although I do agree with you on avoiding Gigabyte motherboards, I have read too many horror stories starring Gigabyte. There is always a reason that Gigabyte motherboard is cheaper than its "equivalent".

It does not matter indeed if you pair a Nvidia gpu with an Amd cpu or otherway arround.

About gigabyte motherboards, unfortunatly i´m also no fan of those. ☺

I don't know, my experience shows otherwise, but maybe youa re right, I don't have good experience with green team (except with the very low-end GPU's, those was serving me good, I'm sure they have great GPU's, but, i will enjoy something else :P).

Yeah it is always samrt to not go cheap on motherboard (most important part of gaming PC), and to check multiple times before getting one. Sometimes, i don't listen my own adivce, and learn it in a hard way :).

Yes you have to specify,some times,I find it extremely retarded how core usage is being handled so badly in windows,If I open let's say firefox and play some 1080p vid it's going to run on those 4 exact cores that I'm gaming on,that's extremely frustrating since I get some sort of performance hit and I have to manually set core affinity

Just do what logan said. 8320 and 770. add a hyper 212 which is cheap as hell,get it to 4.0 ghz if you're scared to OC. you don't need to mess with the voltage or anything. Just change the multiplier and disable turbo. and  there you have end. High end PC.

Either is fine. Just gotta pick what features you want in the platform. AMD has less features but that is why their platform is cheaper.

There's always the option to switch to a modern linux distro if you don't want the antiquated software to keep you from getting the most of your hardware (like Windows does).

Gaming is coming to linux.

he stated that he never had seen that his powersupply pushed so hard with the FX8320 cpu, arround 620W with a single gpu, this is so hillarious, because that shows to me how technicaly he realy is. lol. he measured it with a killawat, to see what it sucks from the wall, and then he states that his psu is getting pushed so hard hahaha what a dumb ass.

I don't know what "killawat" is, but i assume it's a consumer grade Volt & Amp -meter that multiplies those measurements to get power-consumption, on the Mains-side.

If you measure once with an Intel chip + board then with an AMD chip + board and leave all the other components the same, you should get a pretty good idea what the relative difference in power consumption of those systems is.

While it is not highly scientific and only yields low precision results, it certainly is a viable method to get an idea how power consumption differs for Intel and AMD.

It certainly doesn't warrants insulting him.

AMD puts out more thermal energy , however it runs at lower temperatures.

AMD's chips are bigger which means they have a larger area to transmit the heat to the heatspredder and then to the cooler. (lower thermal resistance)

Intel not only included the voltage regulators (those usually like to run at 90-100°C) in the chip, but they also cut corners on the TIM (thermal interface material). The only thing what saved Intel is that they have an architecture that is really good at turning off  unused parts of the chip & that most people never max out their chip for more than a few seconds.

I highly doubt that Hasswell is going to be a chip that'll last forever like the core 2 duo's (i have a core 2 duo that's been running (not idling) nonstop for ~ 8 years)

The wikipedia page about Broadwell (the upcoming 14nm gen) says that it is rumored that Intel will move the voltage regulators back to the mainboard. And use quality solder as TIM.

Ok thanks to Logan's suggestion here are my the two builds one around AMD and the other Intel. 

AMD: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/blankvista/saved/4qJJ

Intel: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/blankvista/saved/4qSW

I didn't even consider this I was thinking too linear, thanks

I would advise you to get the AMD build because it has a better GPU (gtx 770 vs gtx 760). Also, an SSD would really speed things up. Everything else looks good though

Get the AMD build. You are better off with the stronger graphics card.

Well I still need to add in peripherals, I really do want an SSD but being on a budget I'll have to live without one for at least the first couple months. I'm probably going to order a few parts this week and get the rest in a couple weeks after the next pay check. Mostly for two reasons, a few things are on sale now and so I'm committed to the build. 

Why Win8.1? Why WIn8 in general? I know it's incredibly not related to CPUs, but I cannot understand this madness you have shown to me. I personally cannot abide Win8.x on anything, because it's so very restrictive and so very hopeless for gaming (due to personal experiences). You may have had different experiences, and if it's been great for you, then grats. But I would appreciate some understanding. Otherwise, I cannot fault the build.

That's cool too. Upgrading your system is a satisfying feeling.

Usually most places will offer you a discount if you buy many components so maybe do all your shopping once you are up to budget.