Full Loop with XSPC?

Just tried Speedfan and it doesn’t do voltage control (I know, I know, I should get PWM fans) so no luck there at all.

It’s also seemingly completely unaware of what Ryzen is or Vega.

Quick read Looks like 3pin is not controllable via software, so your probably stuck with AI suite since it interacts directly with bios

Well poop. Guess I know what I’m buying next paycheck! :joy:

Your prob gonna have to tear down the loop to get to those front fans

Nah, soft tubing, and you only need to angle the front rad to wiggle the fans out.
Much more importantly is the choice of which PWM fan to choose… I’m personally a Noctua fanboy since the PWM range is massive (350-1500rpm on the beige 120mm and 450-2000 or 750-3000 on the industrial… with none of them having any tick, noise or odd behavior in that range I won’t recommend the redux. But others equally love Noise blockers, EK-Vardar and others. Also while it probably isn;'t the case here, for bigger loops it can be economical to go to an OEM supplier directly, like Delta… they are huge reliability and have a massive range of options, just be warned many are not the standard form factor, mounts or voltages (also more 24v fans won’t run happily at 12v, even though most 12v fans are happy at 6v).

1 Like

@SheepInACart is right. Worst case scenario I believe is kicking the bottom out slightly to slide the fans out one at a time. If I’m careful it should be just fine.

Noctua is making black fans now, right? No way can I put those mud-and-tans in there!

Edit: ah the redux are the black ones. I’d be almost positive the only thing that changed for those are the plastic dyes. Anything else would just be silly and more expensive.

No, the redux is the horrid grey cheaper ones. The Industrial is the black, so you don’t have a 1500rpm option, but then again the PWM range on the 2000rpm makes it my preferred suggestion anyway… however it comes with no accessories, unlike the beige consumer line, so you’ll need to buy any splitters, voltage reducers or extensions you need separate (and the factory fan lead is quiet short, which can be a really good thing in small cases or for fans close to the mobo, but assumes that you have an extension in the pack as provided with the consumer line).

1 Like

You’re right, they have different specs.

Honestly I could just get the redux for the rear fans and the highest pressure 140’s for the front since they can’t be seen with the side panel on. Might do that.

The grey redux are worse in all ways but price, I don’t see any time where they make sense honestly. Although the layout you suggest may be possible with some of the airflow optimized versions consumer line fans in the back, I almost recommend getting fans all the same… makes you life easier later on when you change something on the build ect, and you can run them at different PWM speeds anyway.

DarkSide Gentle Typhoon

Not in 140mm.