[Freenas] - My usb stick died, need help restoring my volumes

and zfs mount shows the volumes as mounted?

This is the output:

[root@freenas ~]# zfs mount
freenas-boot/ROOT/default /
freenas-boot/grub /boot/grub
Vault /Vault
Vault/Media /Vault/Media
Vault/Movies and TV shows /Vault/Movies and TV shows
Vault/UVault 01 /Vault/UVault 01
Vault/UVault 02 /Vault/UVault 02
Vault/jails /Vault/jails
Vault/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail /Vault/jails/.warden-template-pluginjai
l
Vault/jails/plexmediaserver_1 /Vault/jails/plexmediaserver_1
[root@freenas ~]#

so the system sees them as mounted but the gui doesn't. huh.

Hold on.

join.me keeps crashing out.

post the output of

sqlite3 /data/freenas-v1.db "select * from /Vault/Media

and

sqlite3 /data/freenas-v1.db "select * from Vault/Media

Could try "zpool export Vault" in shell, then try the GUI auto-import function?
Not sure if freenas has any magic config options for gui?
This won't destroy any data, but will unmount the pool, so it would disappear from "zfs mount" until imported?

Sorry, closed the join me, here is a new link(https://join.me/769-663-779). And give me 2 sec, and i will post those

Can't seem to get it to work

OK, no errors, so you don't need to do a db cleanup

try

zpool export Vault, reboot and see if it shows up in the import menu again

Alright, system is rebooting

I am getting this now

1 Like

There you go! should import fine now via the gui

1 Like

IT WORKED! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

1 Like

Freenas seems screwy compared to freebsd, but my best guess is that it just needed an export and scrub to get rid of the previous setup's "usage rights," but it doesn't like imports done outside of the gui.

Its is quite interesting now that i know what was needed. And again, thank you so very much for helping me. Would not have been able to figure this out without you. Is there anything i can do to show my thanks?

Read The zfs and freenas documentation

It helps, a lot. Trust me.

Gotta get to work. Have a good one man.

2 Likes

at this point (after checking data integrity) you should do a config backup .
this will allow you to reinstall from scratch (potentially on a new disk) , then import the backup to put you right where it was before whatever happened, happened.

1 Like

Thanks, already did the data integrity check :smiley: It all seems to be completly fine and have updated my cold storage backups(Just in case :stuck_out_tongue: ). Was checking out how to do the config backup so thanks for the link :slight_smile: Will be doing that later today.

Wanted to let you guys know this helped me! Moved my storage onto a new Freenas server without exporting the volumes, and they didn’t show in the Freenas GUI.

One note with Freenas 11.2 I needed to use the Legacy GUI to import the volumes. For whatever reason they wouldn’t show in the updated GUI.

Thanks again!!

1 Like

Glad that it helped you, I remember being in the situation and all the stress assosiated with it. But i think that all thanks should go to @tkoham as (s)he was the one who did all the work and solved the problem.

2 Likes