Fix For Video Card Sag

I have crossfire 290x's, and I notice a bit of sag with both of the cards, as a computer aesthetics enthusiast this bothers me greatly. I have tried to stick the puget gpu brace in between the two cards, but it doesn't fit because it takes up 2 slots. Any advice of a low profile way to fix video card sag.

EDIT: I CANNOT GET THE PUGET SYSTEMS GPU SUPPORT, OR SUPPORTS SIMILAR, BECAUSE I HAVE 1 SLOT OF ROOM IN BETWEEN THE CARDS, ALSO, I AM NOT GETTING ANOTHER CASE BECAUSE I LIKE MY ENTHOO LUXE.

wedge something under the bottom card so it's level , then wedge something between the two cards so the top one is level. donezo

EDIT: there's another thing that will work with SLI setups and I can't find it... will edit in when I do

Get a case that lets you put your motherboard horizontal.

3 Likes

Some of the stuff you say man kills me.

wooden dowel rod cut to size and painted to match your aesthetics..

requires one dowel, one paint can, hand saw.

measure from the bottom edge of your lowest gpu to what's directly below it. if you have 2 gpus or more, measure the distance between them. now you know what size to cut your dowel at. cut it. paint it, nudge it.

Or tilts everything 90 degrees lol

http://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/products/index.php?model=rv03&area=en

I wish there were more cases with rotated motherboards. So far just the pricey silverstone cases.

you can always be a rebel and turn your case

1 Like

There's seriously like a brace thing that isn't hideous that will solve this particular issue and for the life of me I have NO idea where I saw it... it was black, was an expandable rod that would brace on the top and bottom of the case with feet that were held in place by set screws that could adjust anywhere on the rod...

I have NO idea where I saw the thing...

Maybe a super brief mention in a Linus vid? I can't stomach watching all the Linus vids... does anybody remember seeing the thing? :P

I can't find the thing :P

Tell you what... for $60 +shipping from Chattanooga,TN I'll custom engineer and make you one at the metal shop I work at... out of whatever material you want... I just need the measurements... PM me if you're serious about some GPU sag :P

Technically any case you could use with a rotated motherboard with a wee bit of modding

but ya, HAF XB all the way

1 Like

GPU Braces will not work because they take up 2 slots, and I have one slots of room, I already own one from puget systems, which worked when I had a single card, but when I had my second card installed, it wouldnt fit because I have 1 slot. Also, this has nothing to do with this post, but I am not buying another case, I spent $100 for the enthoo luxe because of the features it had, and I just want to fix the video card sag.

Puget systems has them on Amazon, they are overpriced. 20 bucks USD each, maybe free shipping. Honestly I have a Cooler Master H212 Evo and Skylake. The CPU cooler is not installed, and I am damn close to laying the tower over, It's a Define S.

He said about 3 times now that he already HAS the Puget Systems one, and it's too large to work. Reading is hard.

1 Like

I would use fishing line tied to the back corner of each GPU. Pull it tight to level the cards then tie it off at the top of the case somewhere.

Well buy a 2 dollar unibit, and if you have a cordless drill/impact driver/Modify the damn thing. I apologize for my whole post. Sure Fishing line will work, put some LEDS on it, show it off to your friend(s).

Understanding is hard, guess I am a bit tired and what is fishing line thermally rated at? Oh well I am dumping this account. The amount of self important ass hats on here makes youtube seem benign.

i think you didn't understand what I'm describing... it doesn't screw into the left mounting panel... it braces itself from the top and bottom of the case itself...

@Fouquin reading IS hard huh :P

Enter illustration...

Your Case:
|...........................................|
|GEEPEE.............................|
|..............YOU......................|
|GEEPEE.............................|
|..............YOU......................|

Case with Brace:
|........................[].................|
|GEEPEEYOU_[].................|
|GEEPEEYOU_[].................|

Fouquin, thank you for being helpful lol. Im going to try most of these methods.