Fix For Video Card Sag

Are you referencing the method Gigabyte uses?

I didn't see that exact thing, but yes... like that

would look a bagillion times better than fishing line :P

Im sort of torn on all of these. I also had the idea of getting some water cooling acrylic and cutting it in 1 inch pieces, and sticking them in between both of my cards.

if you wanted something custom... I could machine an aluminum block in this sort of shape... (pardon my ASCII art but you get the gist) but I would need fairly precise dimensions.... it'll be as accurate as the information you provide :P

I could also split into however many pieces and make a screw jack out of it so you could adjust it to whatever you wanted in case you need it for other builds

..__
[__..\
....|...\
[__....|

paint it black... and done... depends on how elegant you want the solution to be and how much you care about GPU sag I spose

Kind offer, but I don't think that is going to work too well. I attempting to brainstorm ideas that are relatively easy to do and inexpensive. Puget has these interesting supports for their Reference Coolers. Which I could get a sheet of metal, cut holes connected to heatpipes/screwholes. example:

I think there's been plenty of helpful replies but it essentially boils down to.

1. DIY brace
  2. Buy a pre-fabbed solution (Ok that didn't work out so well!)
  3. Re-align the cards by either rotating the case or a new case.

I'm with option 3 as I have a HAF XB EVO which has the best airflow of any case I've used and hides some of the ugly stuff underneath the mobo. Downside is it's quite bulky.

I wouldn't even bother, the cards are perfectly fine without any support.

Stuff like this is one of the reasons I have difficulty moving away from Silverstone cases. the 90 degree orientation layout is superior and solves this problem. all the weight of heavy ass graphics cards is solved by using the case as support.

its hard to come up with a solution to the sag that isn't fuck ugly.
I've got single gpu so I grabbed a peuget support but it just looks off so I might paint it or make my own out of aluminium

A 3D printed solution might be better/safer than using aluminum...

That's what I'm going to do with the 6950. Hoowee that cooler is heavy

use these

Just to ensure you all understand, Im not buying another case to fix the problem. I like my computer the way it is.

I have reinstated multiple times I cant use the puget system GPU supports because they take up 2 slots, and I have 1 slot of room between the cards.

It's not possible to install it over the bracket of the other card? So it overlaps the first slot of the second card?

Exactly, the Puget Bracket overlaps.

Have you tried measuring if it is possible to cut the perpendicular piece of plastic in order for the support bracket to take only one slot?

(Yes, I'm literarly saying "Cut out the part that makes it not fit and bodge it in there." It is not a nice solution, but it could do it.)

A lot of card are wider than the pci bracket so it would be iimpossible to mount over another card
@xyz al is perfectly safe, you would have to have al on pcb solder point to do real damage and its way more accessible than a 3d printer

Lego :)

1 Like