First PC build need help

So this is my first build. I have a general idea to what I would like to have and the budget. 

The budget would be about 1,200 dollars except I am still trying to raise that money.

here is a list of the parts I what've found so far. 

CPU Intel i5-4670K

RAM Corsair Vengeance  LP 8 GB

Chassis BitFenix Ronin

I was thinking about getting a 2 monitor setup  but I am not sure if that is possible within my budget. 

The $1200 is for the build of the pc itself. I am not sure which graphics cards support two screens or if I need two monitors. 

I do not know what motherboard to use. 

I am not to sure about SSD's or if I shall just use HDD's 

would it be possible to connect a console (possibly Xbox one) to the two monitors? 

Thanks to anyone who helps!

Just for info those monitors would be a pair  Benq GW2265HM

by the time I finish raising money it will probably be mid next year (maybe by this Xmas) 

IMPORTANT NOTE

I live in Singapore where buying stuff is much more expensive than everywhere else so if possible could you link me to a international website that can ship everywhere?

Thanks so much!

First off, is this a build for gaming, general use, video editing, or what?  That can help us help you.  Assuming this is a gaming rig, then I would recommend using an AMD FX-6300 as opposed to the intel processor, you'll save a lot of money you can then put into a better graphics card, another monitor, etc.  Also, assuming this is a gaming rig, you might want to look at another monitor, the delay time on the one you selected is "high" by many standards.  However, you would be able to connect both your computer and a console to it (CPU through dvi, console through hdmi)

Thanks a lot, this PC would be for mainly gaming as well as a little bit of school work. Any suggestions for a Motherboard? Would I be able to get a good graphics card that can use two monitors that is within my budget?

Intel

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/27zQz
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/27zQz/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/27zQz/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($25.99 @ Mwave)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($80.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($72.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: BenQ GW2255 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($124.52 @ Amazon)
Total: $1189.41
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-24 06:01 EST-0500)

AMD

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/27zTw
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/27zTw/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/27zTw/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($25.99 @ Mwave)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($80.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($299.99 @ Microcenter)
Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($72.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VE247H 23.6" Monitor ($157.58 @ Newegg)
Total: $1187.47
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-24 06:05 EST-0500)

For your budget I would recommend going AMD, you can get far more out of the system and a better monitor.

trying to squeeze 2 monitors in is a little bit of a waste, better to get a solid system with one monitor first with plans of getting a second monitor in the future than get a lower end system and two monitors

Thanks so much on the tips. I am probably going to go with the AMD option. Would that screen be able to connect to a console and would it be able to support a dual screen setup with a small amount spent on upgrades?

I already have an optical drive and 2 250 GB hard drives. I would also like to add these to the build as I have a lot of important school work on them. Would hard drives and the optical drive fit in the case or should I copy the documents over to the new ones. I really wanted to get the BitFenix Ronin because it has a lot of drive cages and a lot of options to place fans which is useful to me since 1. I live in Singapore and it is very hot here 2. my current PC has been crashing a lot. I got a acre pc and the case is to small to add more fans to. So is the Ronin better in this case? 

Thanks

If I do follow your AMD based build, will I need to have any extra fans? How many are able to be placed in it? I may water cool as I might over clock a bit. Is it easy to set up water cooling loop? Will it affect my budget a lot?

Thanks! 

Warning for Starwarsguy99

These prices are in the USA, this is just about the cheapest place to buy parts worldwide, so your price will differ greatly to whats listed here. For instance the ram is about $150aud to get here, even though USD is withing 10% of AUD.

Other things I'd recommend, samsung 840 evo 120gb for SSD (good specs, considered to be one of the best by reviewers inc linus, i've used a few of them and had no problems). Either WD blue\back or Seagate barracuda for you 3.5"HDD's, (competitive price, well regarded, again I've used a few 1 and 2tb, no issues), Antek HCG or Seasonic (any series) for PSU (NOT the corsair CX series), Gskill 2x4gb 1600mhz cas8 and 1866mhz cas9 ram (have used, preforms well, good price).

That screen will run fine on a consol, for 2x monitor support the AMD option listed will work without upgrade, web browsing, word processing ect will work flawlessly. But for gaming on 2 screens at 1080p you'd be looking at either lowish settings, either drop down to 2x720p (still 2560x720) or add a second R9 280x. If your looking at this option right away a single r9 290 is a cheaper option for multi screen gaming, as it runs 3x1080p on high to maxed settings (depending on quality to fps preference) well enough with a settings tweak (just set fan max to 75% or higher, its loud but card will be much faster as it automatically adjusts clock speeds to hold a temperature target, factory target is 95c, but lowering to 90c is fine if your upping fan max from the factory 55%).

3+ 3.5" drives will fit in any ATX mid tower and 2.5" SSD's really will go anywhere, so even a smaller case than specced here will do for mounting your drives.

You'll need at least 2 extra fans in most build, but don't worry these are cheap.

Regarding water cooling, if you mean a AIO (All In One, means non-changeable fully sealed unit) CPU cooler unit then not really, a good 2 fan 120mm unit can be had for $55usd. On the other hand if you mean custom open loop cooling then yes, it's a deal breaker. A custom loop cooler will need a large case with room to mount pump, reservoir, minimum of 4 120mm fans (or 2 140mm) on radiators and is going to cost at least $200 usd, but $300 isn't unreasonable. In fact some people spend $500+ on open loop cooling, so the sky's the limit.

Salutations,fellow Singaporean.I first want to thank you for finding the Tek Syndicate community.

I'm like you,going to build a new system soon. But i am trying to avoid the local distributors as much as possible.Complete asshats,the whole lot of them. You can get all your components online and have them shipped over.Amazon is a great place.You can get free shipping to Singapore on certain components over there. Amazon does not ship over motherboards,fyi

You can try newegg for the components  as well.Excellent prices but they do not ship internationally. Have you got Paypal? Paypal has this hopshopgo feature(partnered with comgateway).They can buy your goods for you and ship the over for a fee.By this method,you can buy pretty much anything(anything permissible by customs,that is).

The only issue with these options are that the local dimwit distributors is that you will not have local warranty support.You have to contact the vendor(asus,msi etc etc) directly and arrange for RMA/support with them. I'm willing to take that risk.I am flat out against the dimwits here.

With that being said,hold out for a week more.Black friday is coming and depending on your luck,you can save somemore on either builds above.Just don't look at microcenter deals.Doesn't apply to us.Items are in-store pickup only. Just stick with the major guns for us,amazon and newegg.

If you still want to buy local(nothing wrong with that),i suggest you look at these few stores at SLS.mynextcom,tradepac and pcthemes. These are the more "friendly" stores. The rest will confuse the fuck out of you and make you buy crap you don't want or need.I particularly like mynextcom.

As for your questions,

1.If your monitor has multiple inputs,then yes,you can connect both to them depending on the ports used.You can't display both console and PC on the same screen concurrently,if that's what you were asking.

2.Optical drives and HDDs are standard sizes.They'll fit in any case.Optical drives are 5.25 inches and HDDs can be either 2.5 or 3.5 inches.They both will fit in the HDD cages in the case.The cages are sized at 3.5 inches but you can still fix 2.5 drives with some screws(usually provoided by the case manufacturer.Just ensure you have enough SATA cables

3.That's your call on the additional fans.Just run with the original specs and components you have.Monitor the temps.If the temps are too high for your liking,then yes,you may install more fans.

+1 to this comment.

Really 60fps on max settings on one 1080p screen looks better than highish settings 30fps on 3 1080p screens. Also 1 and 3 horizontal 1080p or 1 horizontal or 3 vertical 1440p monitors are the setups you'll actually see around today, but most gamers are still single screen.

Having said that 2x R9 280x will drive 3x1080p in game on reasonable settings, so you can buy 2 screens and a second graphics card at a later date if you so desire. But personally by the time you do that I think a single new 1440p screen and replacing the graphics card completely is more reasonable, given game requirements and highest graphics settings keep on increasing anyway.

Thanks a lot for our advice. no I do not have PayPal, but if I use amazon UK (if they have the parts) I can hopefully get them shipped over using family members there. As for Black Friday, I was really hoping to get stuff then, but I still don't have enough money. I doubt SG$330 is enough but I do know for Xmas I will get a lot more and I am selling old stuff. does Amazon have Black Friday sales? Should I buy graphics cards and some stuff now?

thanks a lot!

I think for a graphics card I would go with the R9 280 because I heard that it is similar to the X but costs less. Is this a good idea?

Amazon US accepts international payment and ships over to Singapore for free.You just have to buy more than US$125 per dollar and ensure that (a) items are Amazonglobal eligible and (b)items and sold and shipped from amazon. And yes,they will have BF sales.What they will be and whey they will be is up to the folks at Amazon.

Perhaps you could get a few components first? I bought my GPU first from amazon.Good price on the radeon 7950.Still waiting to buy other components.

Ok about the SSD, I looked it up on part picker and there were two options...

So here is my current build...

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/starwarsguy99/saved/2VuU

Anyone has any changes?

Hopefully i can get more money as i currently only have about 270 US Dollars.

I know i will get more money but that will take a while (next year)

If anyone has any suggestions please post them! 

Thanks

should i get a bigger PSU? 

I don't mind going a bit over the budget.

and i am planning to upgrade a lot since there are only 50W left.

Is this a good idea and does anyone know some good PSUs?