First Custom Loop

Minus the 2080ti and the non XL O11, we will have nearly identical builds.

1 Like

We will, though I opted for the case specific Distro-block, and vertical mount on my gpu. My build will be a a Cthulhu, Eldritch Horror, HP Lovecraft build with purple on black, and a sickly green LED glow. :smiley: How do you like the case? This will be my first Lian Li.

I had to put the side intake radiator behind the mounting area in that void for cable management. I wasnt planning on doing it that way but the rad with fans would hit the GPU. If the case was just a couple inches longer it would have been nicer but otherwise its a great case to build in. I see why they made an XL. I thought it was more than big enough but once I started piling stuff into it, it filled up fast.

It pumps out some heat when the fans are on low. Corsair iCUE is pretty bad for the 3900x because it causes just enough load on the CPU that it wont idle properly and scales frequency up and therefore voltage and heat. I almost wish I had one more rad but I might just put 2 more fans pusing on the top 240 for a push/pull setup on that one rad. I hope AMD tunes the frequency scaling more to be slightly less aggressive.

I hear ya, and thatā€™s good to know about the 3900x since mine just arrived. I just ordered the list in the OP picture. $848 O_o

Make sure you update us with a juicy build log

here was mine

1 Like

I most definitely shall! I am going to see marked improvement from my current build too! My current rig is: AMD fx-8320, GTX 970, Samsung 840 Evo SSD, 2TB + 4TB HDD, ASUS Crosshair V formula Z, 32GB of Ripjaws 2133 DDR 3 ( that wont run above 1336 on this board for some reason), a hyper 212 X (dual fan), and a blu-ray burner (which I will be mounting in an external USB 3 enclosureā€¦if anyone knows of a USB C 5.25" disk drive enclosure, please!, send it my way). :smiley:

1 Like

you can set the bios to ignore fan monitoring per fan on most mid range to high end boards.

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking of changing up my build just a bit, and going with the ROG Strix X570-E, and the matching monoblock from EK, but I havenā€™t completely decided yet.

Go with gigabyte if youā€™re gonna change. Avoid Asus. You donā€™t benefit from a monoblock here.

2 Likes

iā€™d rather get cancer than OC on an asus board IJS. (though i have to daily against my will)

yeeeeeee

I say that as a gigabyte hater with an Asus board and GPU.

The boosting behavior is shit.

all the behavior is shit you have to change settings 5-6 times and keep rechecking in the OS because nothing behaves how it caims to. for example you could set it to 1.35v with moderate load line (IE 3 or 4) go into the OS and itā€™s fucking 1.43v on the core and then itā€™ll still droop under load. Literally cancer.

This is good to know! I guess I will stick with the MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi that I already ordered then, and stick with the cpu block over monoblock.

Iā€™ve tried everything and I canā€™t get this cpu to boost properly

So, it turns out I have to go with a different motherboard after all, because the Lian Li case has a front usb c port, but this board has no front usb c header. Any suggestions?

I need an AM4 pcie gen4 motherboard that has enough front i/o headers for 4 usb 3, front audio, and 1 usb c

aorus master

1 Like

I am seriously considering this, and EK has a compatible monoblock for this board. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: What are the reasons behind this recommendation? I only ask because on amazon it is $150 more than my current board.

I know it works well and its got everything you want. If you dont want to spend so much theres the eliteā€¦ but it doesnt exactly fit your color scheme.

thanks!