Firefox Quantum aka Current beta, is super speedy

And now to enforce my opinion on people:

1. whatever dropdown bars you may need
  2. tabs
  3. Address
  4. bookmarks
1 Like

Just installed it. It is actually nice. Such smooth scrolling.

BTW. I managed to get the old youtube look back?!?? Yea after installing and going to youtube i for the first time saw the new design (on chrome i still have the old one). Then i installed magic youtube and kablaam the old thing is back. If somebody can tell me how this is possible?

Chrome extensions stylish with youtube umbra+ dark and magic youtube. On firefox only magic youtube.

Don’t know but the new youtube GUI is shit. Ever since Google aquired Youtube, they have been deforming it. Comments have dumb order. We no longer have green and red light sabers. Upvotes have completely lost colour.
I don;t know what to say it’s just fucking ugly.

1 Like

Idk maybe the site is cached and with my extensions it forces the old one. Because my friend has the magic youtube but still has the new one.

Because the old plugin system has a different permission system that doesn’t work with the new system. Updates are not difficult to perform to make an existing plugin work.

If a plugin is made to be compatible with version 57, all future versions will be compatible.

Does that also works for npapi plugins like silverlight and java?

the only npapi plugin still supported is adobe flash.

mmm… Just updated to 56 and really the most useful and best plugins have been updated to the new engine.

They should have made the engine in assembly. It would run faster than anything.

I wish that addons get this customization feature so that I could set ublock element picker button up there

Other way for that would be customizing what choices right click will display

Third would be just hotkeying anything I want

Hamburger menu
customize
move stuff around

Pretty sure add-ons is there

I meant from inside addons if that makes sense, just the element picker button from ublock

Well, that’s not strictly true - Quantum is still based on Gecko.

see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Quantum

Yeah so its a new engine. Doesn’t matter if its based off the old one, its still new.

Well you are still able to enable the other npapi plugins aswell in previous versions of ff.
But not sure if that is still possible or not.

I got no idea what that score even means.
https://web.basemark.com/result/?4HIbNzgh

My memory is fuzzy. What were the changes that compelled you to switch?

You can find your own icon and change it yourself. There are plenty of great replacements.

And you really think that will be even be adequate for the people that use an entire suite of privacy extensions?

There used to be an extension for that. I forget what it’s called though, was extremely useful.

I suggested it as a replacement for one specific extention.
People who care about privacy to that degree should not solely rely on add-ons.

Trying it now. uMatrix and HTitle don’t work unfortunately. AdNauseam does work though!