FINAL FANTASY XV Benchmark

It loads hair physics on cows 5 miles away.

OCā€™ed My 7820hk to 4.0GHZ

No real change in performance. Definitely a GPU bound game.

My 1080 Max Q performs quite differently in comparison to the established benchmarks . Close to 5% better.

Hopefully there will be Options for 1440 and Ultrawide. Havenā€™t played a FF game since IX am interested for sure.

I believe this was already confirmed in the game (way more resolutions supported), just wasnā€™t included by default in the benchmark.

1 Like

this benchmark is terrible

Gameworks nonsense aside, there is variance between runs which will alter the scores

Judging from setting is4KMode and whats available currently, there will be 1080p & 4k UI

Does the UI scale in 1440p when you force the resolution?

New Radeon Adrenalin 18.2.3 notes big performance gains in FF, anyone tested the benchmark? I uninstalled after playing a little.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.2.3-Release-Notes.aspx

Edit: I realized later itā€™s not the current FF, just an older one, FF12.

A10-7850k+R7 250 2G ddr3

Also ran HW monitor while running the benchmark in 1080 Standard
No dual gfx support, very little cpu usage
only time cpu got above 50% usage was when loading the next screen
radeon software ver

By comparison Star Wars Battlefront I maxes out the cpu to 100% @ 1080 and dGPU goes from 80 to 90% with iGPU also at 100% depending on which skirmish map I am playing.
Really want to try this on the 7970/GTX 1060 that is also in the house.

Also, Steam shows pre order shits, but of course

Just seeing these makes me ponder pirating, we will see, but Iā€™m not preordering and Iā€™m not going to be playing incomplete game

I guess they fixed the benchmark? Iā€™m not sure, I watched half the video, no more Hairworks hiding three miles from the characters.

From my brief testing, I could get my Fury to scale from 40 to 70fps

Terrain tessellation had the highest fps impact, second I forgot already. that possibly could be lod distances
Only oddity is that high quality assets toggle as it made many settings not affect as much, but for very long time in any game, that shadow quality resulted most frame improvement with those assets turned off

Random shower thought:

But where is that DX12, this game is the original MS event game

• Has MS abandoned DX12?
  • or didnt these get it to work, which would mean same tbh
  • or same but Gameworks doesnt work with DX12?