FINAL FANTASY XV Benchmark

The new 18.2.1 driver really pulled performance up in the benchmark (tessellation set to AMD Optimized):

Vega 56 running 64 BIOS with P6 at 1537 and P7 at 1652, HBM2 at 1040 and power +35%. Previous benchmarks running same settings but I didn’t realize there was such a big difference between windowed and fullscreen.

I won’t be playing this game but benching is kinda fun.

You can see the driver uplift in their own stats link, as before I was sitting just under the official “RX Vega” results, as if the two cards are the same:

1 Like

Ah, that’s better. It actually runs nicely on standard/medium settings.

1 Like

Hello there Nvidia… Still being shit?
2 Likes

Haven’t watched yet, but was there ever any question?

They were fairly quiet after the whole Arkham Knight stuff for a while. And now they are back to Crysis 2 crap - rendering stuff, using Nvidia tech just to tank amds performance…

kool aid drinkers will just claim its amd being shit

but that is the whole point of gameworks anyway, its software vendor lock in which nvidia pays devs to put in their game to skew things as much in their favour as possible, even artificially.

It’s not going to go away any time soon as nvidia have deep pockets to woo developers, this will allow them to stay even further ahead.

1 Like

Finishing up the video now.

The dark viewpoint or theory here is it was done on purpose to overly show a disparity on AMD hardware to push sales of Nvidia hardware for people who want to play this game, as paid for by Nvidia with their Gameworks sponsorship.

Why else all the weird aggregate data?

I showed how wrong it can be personally with the 6762 score above, which means most people hadn’t updated their drivers to 18.2.1 yet, and also by squeezing the Vega cards into one line together.

Also, its hard to judge from benchmark only if its full of shit or if one specific setting is being grumpy

For example, ME:A highest HBAO leeched like twice as much as the second most demanding shader setting, and it just doesnt like AyyMD, which resulted as like 1440p 15fps from some ceiling light color reflections

Yeah well some games favor Nvidia others run better on AMD.
It just is what it is.

My view, basically

Which is why I want to have that config file to work on

Yeah also that.

You probablly could disable a couple of settings and filters,
to make it run better on AMD.

There seems to be that nasty PhysX

Then GFSDK_ShadowLib_DX11.win64 …I dont like that one

aaand, then there is amd_ags_x64 which you can even manually update, yes I try things :smiley:

FF

1 Like

Config stuff

Summary

Black.Save.Config.SaveGraphicsConfigMain

displayResolutionWidth
displayResolutionHeight
currentDisplay
maxFramerate
fullScreen
vSyncWaitEnable
hdrBlightness
showFPS
graphicsPreset
display3DResolution
assetSpecLevel
modelLODScaling
textureStreamingMemory
textureAnisotropicFilter
terrainTessellationEnable
lighting
shadow
ambientOcclusion
antialias
motionBlur
screenFilterDetail
nvidiaHairWorks
nvidiaVXAO
nvidiaTurf
nvidiaShadowLibs

Luminous.GameFramework.Locale.LocaleCategory

text
voice
brightness
soundMode
virticalCameraNormal
horizontalCameraNormal
displayText
speakerText
vibrationEnable
firstBoot
newgamePlus
masterVolume
bgmVolume
voiceVolume
seVolume
cameraSpeed
padButtonIconKind
autoSaveSlotNo
autoSaveSlotOldNo
rotateNaviMap
displayNaviMap
displayNaviMapRoute
displayKeyHelp
displayHUD
cameraLength
isHUDFullscreen
displayHelpMessage
displaySTGauge
is4KMode
gameMode

Someone had already done the work, but well, there it is

You don’t need the config files for ultrawide. I made a shortcut for ffxv.exe. Add the following to the Target section:

“C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY XV BENCHMARK\ffxv.exe” --graphicsIni config\GraphicsConfig_BenchmarkHigh.ini -f --displayResolution 2560 1080 --renderingResolution 2560 1080 --locale=en

Where the first part is where ffxv.exe is and the resolutions match those of your display.

The benchmark is misleading.

1 Like

After nap and stuff, I should try 1440p without hairworks to get healthier results for my own use, then use that as the baseline for whatever random things I suddenly need to do

i would bench this, but have no intention of buying the game

1 Like

On a laptop 1080 Max-Q 16 GB of 2400GHZ Ram and 7820hk

No OC:

Edit: there was a driver update

I found it interesting enough to bench for something I won’t be buying either.

I actually haven’t owned a FF game since they came in cartridge format :grin:

I do not see much of a quality increase with with High vs Standard tbh.